C-sections
Options

Pain after c-section

I had a c-section last Tuesday morning. I left the hospital on Saturday and felt pretty good on Saturday/Sunday. I've been wearing one of those binder things that the hospital gave me. 

In the last few days, I would occasionally get a pain to the left of my incision. It's not on the incision, and it tends to be a sharp pain when I move. It got worse last night and it still hurts today. Does anyone know what this is? I stopped taking meds when I left the hospital... maybe all my meds wore off and I need to take something? I hate taking meds, which is why i've tried to be off them as soon as possible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pain after c-section

• Options
    Yeah, I was in pain too after a c-section.  I absolutely hated taking pain meds so for about 10 days when I wasn't taking anything, I was just miserable.  But after about 2 weeks I could move without much problem. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my OB said there are two big stitches near both of your hips and these are the last things to heal. I would take some ibuprofen and ease up on activity for a day or two. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageshouldbworkin:
    my OB said there are two big stitches near both of your hips and these are the last things to heal. I would take some ibuprofen and ease up on activity for a day or two. 

Interesting... I didn't know that! 

• Options
    My OB said the same. That is where they start the insicion and where they stop so the ends are a bit worse for wear then the rest. I had odd pain for a few weeks on one side but dr said it was all normal.
  • Options
    Good to know..the pain I have is by my hips too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagenikki2246:
    My OB said the same. That is where they start the insicion and where they stop so the ends are a bit worse for wear then the rest. I had odd pain for a few weeks on one side but dr said it was all normal.

This

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a pain like that. It was worse when like gettin up/ sittin down. I also quit taking pain medication in the hospital. I would just try to relax, take it easy for a few days. Take some ibuprofen too maybe
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"