Parenting
Options

How do you feel about snarky/tacky baby shirts?

I remember reading about this a while back and now that I'm pregnant, I'm kind of curious as to your opinions on it.  How do you feel about seeing babies/putting your own babies in the little onesies that say things like "Boob Man" or "Mommy just wanted a backrub" or "Daddy's Little Squirt" (with a cartoon of a sperm on the front)?

I probably wouldn't put my child in anything that has curses on it, but it doesn't really bother me when other people put their kids in them.  And a lot of the lower-key ones I personally think are kind of cute.  What do you think?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do you feel about snarky/tacky baby shirts?

• Options
    I would never put my kid in one. And when I see them on babies, I can't help but think trash or immature parents. Then again, I won't let my older kids wear anything with that stuff either. MIL bought DS1 a shirt that said "My favorite color is Dirt"...he wears it to bed ONLY. I tend to think the same thing about adults wearing those shirts, too, though. Judgmental? Yes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No way would I put my baby in a shirt like that! And a no-go to curses. I won't even let them wear pants with words on the butt...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think snarky/tacky baby shirts are snarky and tacky.

Speaking of, and since I probably feel the same way about either look - major side eye to you, salt-and-pepper faux hawk dad with the tight pants and "Italian Stallion" t-shirt on at the kid's afterschool fitness - I was looking, but not how you think.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options

Yeah- the sexual innuendo ones I find very tacky and immature.  Boob job?  Picture of sperm?  B*Job?  It would catch my eye and it would make me think poorly of the parents.

But the dirt one?  I find that funny.  The ones Kimbus mentioned too (Blame the parents and the Sprinkler) - they don't bother me either.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    imageEastCoastBride:

Yeah- the sexual innuendo ones I find very tacky and immature.  Boob job?  Picture of sperm?  B*Job?  It would catch my eye and it would make me think poorly of the parents.

But the dirt one?  I find that funny.  The ones Kimbus mentioned too (Blame the parents and the Sprinkler) - they don't bother me either.

I agree w/ this. My DD's don't own any to wear but some of them get a chuckle from me when I see them on others.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS had a onesie that said "I still live with my parents".  It was funny.  I think the sexual innuendo on the other examples is cheesy and trashy.  I wouldn't put anything like that on either of my children.
  • Options

imagekaren6784:
    DS had a onesie that said "I still live with my parents".  It was funny.  I think the sexual innuendo on the other examples is cheesy and trashy.  I wouldn't put anything like that on either of my children.

I think something like "I still live with my parents" is cute/funny, but the sexual ones are just gross IMO. One of my FB "friends" posted this the other day, she bought it for the little boy she is pregnant with. I just don't know why people want to draw attention in a sexual way to BABIES:

https://www.spencersonline.com/product/tc-hung-like-my-dad-0-6m/ 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ShanJosh- that's horrible!!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

I think some of them are cute- I would totally put DS#2 in a 'my favourite colour is dirt' t-shirt, it would suit him! He has a 'ladies man' hat that everyone thinks is cute (b/c he is a little flirt!). My DD had a 'nobody puts baby in a corner' onsie that everyone loved.

The sexual innuendo ones are a bit much for me.  Although my friend gave DS#1 a t-shirt that says 'I love boobies' after I complained about how often he wanted to breastfeed all day (plus it was an in joke between the two of us about our husbands making up songs about our boobs!). DS wore it to my moms group one morning and it got a few laughs. 

Rebecca- mom to 3 kids: DS born 2005, DD born 2007 and DS born 2010.
  • Options
    i want the one that says something about "I didn't ask for your advice" its non-stop here from strangers i'm going crazy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I would never put my child in a shirt like the ones you mentioned above.  I am not a fan.  My DH bought a "my dad's a geek" onsie and she only wore it once - just not my thing and that one is not even bad.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

Some are pretty funny. DD has 2 with swears on them, her dad bought them because he thought they were funny and she wore them in the house only.

T-shirts/onsies don't bother me. 

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
  • Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member

It depends.. the sexual ones are tacky and I wouldn't put DD in one.

However, there are some cute ones-the "Daddy's Little Tax Break", "I Still Live at Home", "I'm cute, mommy's cute, daddy is lucky"...

• Options
    LO has one that says "I still live with my parents".   I get a kick out of it, but that is the only one he has and probably will ever have.   The rest bug me.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DS had one that says "Watch your Fking Mouth there a can't over here" He wore it to bed last night, but has never worn it in public. It was a shower gift & had I known where it was from, it would have been returned.

• Options
    tacky, imo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Options

I don't care what other people put their babies in, but I wouldn't put my LO in anything like that.

He may be just a baby, but he's still a person, and if he could speak, I think he'd probably object to being referred to as sperm. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"