Trying to Get Pregnant

PIP your wedding cake!

To continue with the wedding theme of the night.. :) 

I had 2 cakes, an elaborate regular cake and then a gluten-free fun cakeimage

Close up of 1:

Close up of 2:

Re: PIP your wedding cake!

The flowers were fresh, our main flower was gerber daisies. It had a lemon filling and a strawberry filling tier. The top was a marble cake that we ate on our anniversary lol

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Loading the player...
  • Shay, I freaking love your cake #2!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagethekikimonster:

I'm drooling over your candy buffet. 

Real flowers and every layer was different--chocolate cake w/ chocolate, almond cake w/ chocolate, and chocolate w/hazelnut (that was def. my favorite)

Me(25) DH(28) 
     TTC#1 since 10/2011
    June:  Clomid 50 mg  (No Ovulation)
    July: Clomid 100 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN)
    August: Clomid 150 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN) 
    September: Clomid 150 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN)
    October: Clomid 150 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN)
    November: Femara 10mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFP December 3, 2014)

ETA: bc my cake was my favorite detail! :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We did cupcakes and then a gluten/dairy/wheat free cake for DH

Our cake toppers, I love them!image 

Here is DH shoving cupcake in my face.image

Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Grooms Cake

The little round bling are saddle conchos. DH made cake and cupcake stand. It was one of my favorite details. Our cake had to have its own air conditioner it was so hot!

• I LOVE everyone's cakes! 

Unfortuantely, my cake was fugly. Like seriously awful. I don't even think I have a picture of it.  We did a tiered cake for the head table, and we did centerpiece cakes for all of the guest tables.  The centerpiece cakes looked fine. The tiered cake was a joke.  Fortunately, it was a lady that was just starting out so I didn't pay much, and they tasted really good, which I guess is the most important part.

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

Our cake was under a bad a$s gazebo cover in flowers and crystals, but I can't find a pic of the whole thing right now...

The only bite of cake I got was when we exchanged bites :(.  I had a piece in my hand, got dragged somewhere else, and by the time I came back it had been tossed.  The servers told me they had run out of cake, and at the end of the night we found out they had never cut the bottom tier :-/

And my husband looks like he is 15 in that pic.  Whoops.

I was proud because I made the cake topper Stick out tongue (pretty much DIY the whole wedding).

**Blog**
    *TTC #1* since Sept '11.
    BFP #1 2/26/12. C/P 3/1/12 
    Dx Oct '12: Hypothyroid, PCOS and blocked left tube.
    1500mg Metformin, 75mcg Synthroid
    Feb: 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= BFN
    March: 150mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= 4 mature follies- BFN 
    April: Unmedicated cycle due to vacation timing= BFN
    May: *IUI #1* Letrozole + Trigger + IUI=BFP!
    1st Beta (17dpo): 455  Progesterone: 40
    2nd Beta: (19dpo):  810  Progesterone: 37
    1st ultrasound 6 weeks 5 days: Twins!

• Not the best picture, but there ya go! Everyone had beautiful, tasty looking cakes!

ETA: fixed picture

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So many amazing cakes! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  

• Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 2/4/13 IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!!  DD born Oct. 9, 2013 via c-sectionAnniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Aw, man, mine didn't post last time. Maybe this will work:

• The purple roses on the cake didn't really match, it turned out to be a more dark blue, but that's okay. Precious Moments cake topper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 5/17/12 EDD 1/26/13 no hb @ 8w6d natural mc 11w6d 7/13/12 
             BFP #2 1/1/13 EDD 9/11/13 Isabelle Diane born on 9/17/13 7lbs 1oz 20in.
    BFP #3 4/3/2014 EDD 12/10/14 William David born on 12/8/14 7 lbs 10 oz 20in.
  • and of course we forgot to take the satin ribbon off the bottom when we cut the cake, and half the icing came off!
    BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 2/4/13 IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!!  DD born Oct. 9, 2013 via c-sectionAnniversary

TTC since March of 2012
    Me: 27 Dh: 35 Testing Begins 3/5/13
    Six SA's show DH has low numbers across the board = severe MFI
    Genetic testing for me = MTHFR+, also carrier for blood clotting disorder Otherwise all else normal
    Dh's karotype= Normal!!
     Mini-IVF/ICSI - July -August 2014 - 1R,M,&F Transferred 1 Grade 1 Morula-5dt - BFFN

• imageDeblondie1:
    I really want cake now! 
    The cakes look amazing ladies!

• Dang, I'm always late to these parties!

My cake itself was nothing special.  The catering hall made it and I didn't have a whole lot of choice in the design, although I did give them a picture of a cake I liked.  It was a yellow cake with key lime filling, mmmm!

But the cutest part was the cake topper, which I made myself Big Smile 

The gown and tux are replicas of our actual wedding attire, and the ceramic beagle was added because DH and I were in the process of adopting a beagle from a local rescue.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I surprised DH with his granny's homemade pound cake instead of a groom's cake. Our wedding was very simple, old-country style.

• imageShayliz:
    So many amazing cakes! 

Yours "takes the cake" IMO...BEAUTIFUL! I love your colors...

imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • I dont have a pic of my wedding cake, but I did a groom's cake.  DH is obviously a PO....Stick out tongue

party-fails-crunk-critters-bruce-isnt-good-with-tequila
    see more After 12
    Just because something isn't happening for you right now doesn't mean it will never happen.
    IUI #1 - BFN IUI #2 - BFN
    IVF - Starting injects May 25 IVF #1 - BFP!

Wedding cake was yellow cake with buttercream icing.

Grooms cake was chocolate. 

my cake...

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
    BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
    Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
    March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
    4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
    EDD 12/30/13

• Kiki, your candy buffet is too dang cute!  All the ones I've seen IRL have been kinda tacky.. yours looks like it came out of a magazine!

Anyways, our boring old traditional cake.

Flavors:  white with raspberry, chocolate with bavarian cream, and marble with fudge.  I only got to the raspberry, and that wasn't until the next day, because they saved the top tier for is.  I didn't get to eat anything on the wedding day, hardly.

Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • I didn't do the dress or ring post because I got lazy. But I LOVED our cake so here it is.

All the fruits were handmade by H and I, out of almond paste and hand painted with powdered food coloring and liquor. The first tier was coconut butter cake with passion fruit Bavarian cream. The top two tiers were a vanilla butter cake, with lemon curd Bavarian cream filling and fresh blueberries. The whole thing was frosted in Tahitian vanilla bean butter cream. I want to eat it again!

• Here is mine.  They called it a "black and white" cake because it was layers of white and chocolate cake with chocolate ganache between the layers.  I really loved it and it tasted great, even a year later for our anniversary!

• imageGem11:

I didn't do the dress or ring post because I got lazy. But I LOVED our cake so here it is.

All the fruits were handmade by H and I, out of almond paste and hand painted with powdered food coloring and liquor. The first tier was coconut butter cake with passion fruit Bavarian cream. The top two tiers were a vanilla butter cake, with lemon curd Bavarian cream filling and fresh blueberries. The whole thing was frosted in Tahitian vanilla bean butter cream. I want to eat it again!

OMG. I am in love with this!  We wanted a similar concept for our cakes....we had a fall wedding, and I wanted gold leaves and apples on our centerpiece cakes.  Instead I got like bright canary yellow leaves and apples that looked like they were made out of play dough. :(  The fruit on your cake is EXACTLY what I wanted. You guys are super talented to have made all of those!

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• My cake was my least favorite part of the entire wedding - it tasted amazing, but looked terrible 

Here's my craptastic cake....  It was *SUPPOSED* to be 3 white cakes with green leaves (you can kinda see green if you REAAAAALY squint - not what I wanted), then the cake topper on the one, and the two boquets of red roses on the others. 
    We asked the baker to put in "some supports" to hold up the cake topper because it was really heavy - she put in 1...at an angle, so you can see in this picture it's already starting to lean (it eventually weighed down one side of the cake so much that the top of the cake acually slid partially off the bottom half, oozing out lemon filling all down the side - by the end it was a total disaster), and IDK why the flowers didn't make it on top of the other two.

DSC_3790.jpg

Our "grooms cake" was cupcakes from a different bakery, and they were amazing:

Rachel and Job Wedding by Len Spoden 0297.jpg

• Now that I'm drooling.... My cake turned out HIDEOUS! Nothing like what I wanted it to be.. so I will not be showing it lol 
    ?TTC#1 since 04/11?CP 03/28/12?Me:Polycystic Ovaries&Endo??Him:MFI- Awaiting 2nd SA?
    ?Blog?

Eta: sorry these are GINORMOUS 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"