March 2012 Moms

Craigslist Dutailier Glider Price

How much would you pay for this Dutailier Multiposition Reclining Glider and Ottoman?  I've been looking for one on Craigslist for months because I don't want to pay full price for a new one.  But this seller is asking $400, I know they are $700ish new, but $400 still seems like a bit much.  Ugh!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Craigslist Dutailier Glider Price

• That seems like a lot of money for a glider, the CL price and the retail price.   There are lots of affordable gliders out there, why not save the difference and get a less expensive one?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry but I refuse to pay that much money for items on craigslist. Granted that is really cheap based on the original price, but I just couldnt do it. I would say keep looking. I watched craigslist like a hawk and I found a changing table and hutch I wanted so bad. This guy wanted $300 Indifferent I kept looking and found the same thing for $100 :-) I might have just been lucky but I just refused to spend that much on craigslist.

Good luck!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It is a lot, I agree.  I was trying to pay no more than $250 for one.  I just love to glide and fell in love with this one at Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby.  I was trying to justify it since all of Baby's things we've bought so far have been yard sale items - books, bjorn, clothes, toys etc.

Pregnancy Ticker

• It seems a little high, maybe it was only used for a couple months?  I have the same exact one...down to the color and it is very comfortable.
  • imageIvana.Stolichnaya:
    It seems a little high, maybe it was only used for a couple months?  I have the same exact one...down to the color and it is very comfortable.

Where did you find yours?  I see you have another LO, did you find you used the chair often?  Do you actually use the reclining feature and ottoman?  I'm also worried it might take up to much space in our nursery which is 8.5 X 11.  Do you have any issues with how big it is?

Pregnancy Ticker

• I got my Graco Avalon glider and ottoman for $85 at Burlington on Saturday during the Black Friday weekend sale. Their price is regular $169 and I would of paid that price for it. BRU has the same one for $199 and that was the one I was originally going to get but ended up finding that awesome deal. My mom and I sat in all the gliders and the Graco one seemed like the best quality. If I were you, I would totally save on a gilder and put the money else where!

TTC#1 12/09
    LO #1 3/12
    TTC#2 9/12
    BFP #2 6/14 ended in CP
    BFP #3 12/14
    DX CCAM @ 20w
    Baby girl EDD 8/22/15

• https://www.onewayfurniture.com/dutailier-gliders.html?gclid=CKzj6oqi36wCFSxrtgodmBAtqg&ad=9399291618

I cant see your picture but I saw this website where they are on sale. Might want to browse the web a little too because you may get a great deal from cyber deals still going on.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We paid $320 at BRU for this exactly glider/ottoman!  We love it! 
  • I'm not sure if I would pay $400 for a used glider, but IMO, Dutailier are much better quality than most of the P.O.S. stuff they sell at BRU, BBB and other retailers.  DH and I tried out a number of gliders at the big box stores, and couldn't believe the price they were charging for glider and ottoman sets - and it honestly felt like I was sitting on a tissue.

My parents just gave us their old Dutailier glider - they purchased it for my little brother back in the mid-90s and it is still in fabulous condition (and they are terribly hard on their furniture).  We are choosing to get replacement cushions for it though which are about $200.  Maybe see if you could score a cheaper glider and order replacement cushions? 

25 People Who Haven't Quite Figured Out Parenting Yet

Lilypie - (TIAf)

Lilypie - (95p4)

• imageZilly13:

I'm not sure if I would pay $400 for a used glider, but IMO, Dutailier are much better quality than most of the P.O.S. stuff they sell at BRU, BBB and other retailers.  DH and I tried out a number of gliders at the big box stores, and couldn't believe the price they were charging for glider and ottoman sets - and it honestly felt like I was sitting on a tissue.

My parents just gave us their old Dutailier glider - they purchased it for my little brother back in the mid-90s and it is still in fabulous condition (and they are terribly hard on their furniture).  We are choosing to get replacement cushions for it though which are about $200.  Maybe see if you could score a cheaper glider and order replacement cushions? 

BRU sells Dutailier now...  You could tell a huge difference in the quality among Dutailier and the others.  

• We are about to post a Dutailer Ultramotion glider and ottoman (looks like above) and are thinking $375. Does this seem reasonable?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"