Stay at Home Moms

When you knew you were going to SAH

was it hard for you to work??  I am leaving my job March 13 and I'm on the countdown, I have major short timers disorder.  I just wanted to know if anyone else felt that way when they decided to leave their jobs to SAH
Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches

Re: When you knew you were going to SAH

• Oh yes! 150% already out the door
  • I had a really bad case of short timer's, except no one at work knew DH and I were planning on moving after the baby came. DH would give me pep talks all the time, about the money we were saving while I was working, and how that would go towards a new house, and baby.

Hang in there, you can do it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG I went crazy! I started counting down from the day I found out I was prego up until the very last minute I was there! Part of it was that I was tired of my job so when I knew the end was near it felt eternal!
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • Definitely!  And I was a teacher, so that was bad.  I was even trying to figure out how to stop working early.  And then, I ended up on bed rest for 4 weeks.  Not quite what I had in mind.  I hated the school I was at, so that was the biggest factor.
  • Yes.  In additon to knowing that I wasn't coming back I was also pregnant and physically miserable---so I was counting down the calendar daily! :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Yes, but it was awesome b/c I was supervising an intern. I had her for a month and my last two weeks with her were my last two weeks of work - she did EVERYTHING! It was the best timing ever. I just had to (obviously) supervise her and check her assignments, etc. I was 38.5 weeks pregnant on my last day and had my baby one week later.
  • My replacement already started, my job really jumped on that because they wanted her to KNOW everything I know.  My job is quite complicated, so I'm doing less and less which makes the days longer and longer.  I'm not sure how I can last until March 13!  LOL
    Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • not really, i actually left my regular job and took a temp job closer to home with less stress for the duration of my pregnancy... they knew that when i decided to leave that was it... i actually worked on the day i went into labor!

it was the best of both worlds for me... i got to slack, relax and do meaningless (to me) data entry and dtabase design... it helped pass the time. 

if i had stayed at my regular job and not left durring my pregnancy... oh yea... would have checked out at around 2 months pregnant! lol 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Since my SAH was related to a sudden cross-country move for DH's job, I didn't have the luxury.  Wish I did.  I had three weeks to close out files, prepare two major cases for trial, prepare case logs, show the attorney and other legal assistants where everything was for the trial that started a week after I left...

Plus put the house on the market, find movers, prepare the house for showings, feed the family, pack our belongings...

But yeah, if I didn't have all that going on, and if I didn't totally love my (former) job and co-workers, I would have been totally counting down the minutes, probably even seconds.

Photobucket
  • Oh yes!  I gave a months notice & was completely worthless to the point I kind of felt bad for still being there!  My boss stopped my Monday morning 'folder time', I was taken off the weekly staff meeting invite list & not given any new projects!  Enjoy your countdown & congrats on getting to SAH! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"