April 2011 Moms

she's playing me...

So LO has been sick recently, a few ear infections, and on top of that her molars are coming in.. so she's been waking up the past few weeks in the middle of the night.. lately we can't get her to go back to sleep in her own bed, and even more recently she doesn't want to go to bed in her crib at all... I've been feeling bad, thinking she's in pain so I'm trying to be nurturing and bringing her into our bed for a few hours at a time to snuggle.

Last night she went down, but started crying (more like screaming) about 30 minutes after I put her down.  I let her cry for a few minutes then went up to see what was wrong. I rocked her again for a few and put her back down. More screaming. I finally (after about an hour) brought her into bed with me.  Instead of falling back to sleep in my arms, she popped up, (not a tear in her eye by the way) and started playing with the remote control and trying to stand up, grabbing the head board.  It was now play time. So after a few minutes of trying to get her to lay back down with me I gave up.  Gave her a kiss and brought her back to her crib.  30 more minutes of screaming until she finally gave up and went to sleep. This was the first night in about 3-4 weeks she slept through the night in her own crib. I did it..

I hated letting her cry it out but knowing she wanted/needed nothing more but to be "up" with me... it had to happen. Hoping she doesn't put up as much of a fight tonight!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: she's playing me...

• I know how hard that is.  I really didn't want to let Chase cry it out.  I even went out and got the No Cry Sleep Solution and read it cover to cover.   It really didn't work for us.  We were still getting up 3 to 4 times a night.  One night he didn't want to be rocked or nursed in his room.  I was taking him into the living room to the recliner where I nurse during the day and he saw DH reading in bed.  He went from crying with his head against my shoulder to sitting up in my arms giggling.

I was not going to sit up to play in the middle of the night, so I put him back in his crib and let him cry for 30 minutes until he went to sleep.

We've had to let him CIO a few times now, usually when teething throws his schedule off, but each time, he falls asleep faster.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• If something had really been bothering her (as it has in the past) I would never let her CIO, but last night, I could tell I was being played... It just had to happen, as heart breaking as it is!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I completely understand.  When stopped sleeping through the night due to teething, I would get up with him for the weeks until he was done teething, then try CIO to get him sleeping again.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"