June 2012 Moms
Options

This may be TMI...

Hi Mamas!

So out of nowhere last night my lady parts started to throb. The only way I can begin to describe it as a dull throbbing soreness, as if I just had the ride of my life, if you know what I mean... Or how I would imagine it would feel getting kicked down there. It feels bruised? I guess thats the right word. I am almost 32 weeks and have had no problems at all. I was sitting on an exercise ball, but I do that allot I don't think that soft ball would all of a sudden make me feel bruised?? As the night went on it seems to get a little worse, by bedtime it went from a dull ache to more of a throbbing and then this morning it hurt to lift my leg to put my pants on. I can also feel it while I walk. Its not unbearable by any means just a strange dull ache. Any ideas?? I wish I could say it was from good lovin but I'd take a nap or a grilled cheese over sex these days! haha

Re: This may be TMI...

• Options
    You just have a lot of extra blood flow in that area right now and that sensation sounds totally normal.  The baby might be sitting a little lower than usual and causing extra pressure.  I'm sure the uncomfortable feeling will gradually fade.  It all sounds completely normal to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    the pants part sounds like what i have-  I posted on the 3rd tri board yesterday about pubic bone pain-  it might my your pubic bone stretching and what not- most likely normal
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had this for a few weeks now.  My dr. told me gravity is the biggest culprit.  Yes, all of the stretching and everything else contributes, but she told me your best bet is to put your feet up.  All of that pushing down during the day puts a lot of pressure on that area.   It seems to help me a lot. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I have had this issue on and off this whole pregnancy. And it isn't because of sex since I have been on pelvic rest since week 18.

I finally figured out that it is how I am sitting in my desk chair. I lead forward a bit and put a bit more pressure on my labia I guess. With all the extra blood flow and slight swelling it is causing the area to be really sore.

Also I have read that you can have varcoius veins in your labia that can act up. I haven't gotten a mirror out to confirm if this is the case with me. Isn't pregnancy so fancy. :-)

• Options

It's totally normal. The pressure from baby and the blood flow causes you to become swollen and sore.

Hate to freak you out but the pain down there AFTER baby? So much worse. I literally walked around my house holding my vagina because it was the only way to relieve the pain of a vaginal delivery. It didn't go away until my son was about 3-4 months old. 

• Options
    sam19sam19 member
    Yep. Normal. Lots of swelling can happen down there. Sorry you are having to deal with that. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options
    Feel lucky it just started. I've had this since 13 weeks or so.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I woke up with this for the first time today.  It feels like I got kicked in the crotch.  I waddle now because it hurts to walk.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"