North Carolina Babies

Baby Bjorn/carriers

Those of you who have one...

Do you have just the regular one, with the criss-cross back, or the one with the additional lumbar support thing? I'm thinking the one with the lumbar support is the one we want, but it seems like it could be cumbersome. This is one thing we didn't get as a shower gift, that I think we'll want to get.

Any other carriers come highly recommended? (The Moby wrap or sling style ones aren't really for me, I don't think... probably just a "regular" carrier)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Baby Bjorn/carriers

• You might consider an Ergo.  They're really nice.  I have one that you could try out sometime if you wanted. 
  • I have just the regular one, and like it pretty well. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty sure ours is just the regular one! I was also intimidated by ring slings and wraps (although I think I'd probably like them...just don't want to spend $50+ on something I'm not sure about!), so I just got a Hotsling and we've used that several times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I registered for the regular Bjorn, but I'm going today to look at Ergo carriers. (SmartMomma in Raleigh carries them.) I've seen lots of moms with them & they look comfy.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • If $ isn't a factor for you then I say go for the bjorn.  But we have the Jeep Carrier and I couldn't be happier.  It was great for me to use and easy enough to adjust for DH to use too.  Have fun picking it out.  I miss picking out baby stuff.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • We just got the regular one (I think) off of craigslist, it literally was brand new and I paid $35 for it instead of the $70 it normally is. Those Ergo ones are like $130, which is too much for me! I may try a wrap but I don't know yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you decide to go with the Bjorn, amazon.com has them for way cheaper than BRU.  I just ordered the regular one yesterday that sells for $79.99 in stores and got it for $54 with free shipping.
  • imageECUGirl2004:
    You might consider an Ergo.  They're really nice.  I have one that you could try out sometime if you wanted. 

Thanks! I've never seen one of these in person before..

If you wear it on your front, can the baby face out or towards you? I couldn't quite figure that out from the pics I found.

Also, I'm not sure how much I'd wear her on my back.. How hard is that to manuever? Do you put the baby in it, then strap it on your back?

• i have a beco butterfly, which is very similar to an ergo. love it!
  • The Bjorn is only a front carrier. The baby can face towards you or away from you. The Ergo is a front & back carrier.
  • imagebecki777:
    The Bjorn is only a front carrier. The baby can face towards you or away from you. The Ergo is a front & back carrier.

Yeah, I just couldn't tell if, in the Ergo, if you wear it on the front, if the baby can face both forwards and backwards, or if they can only face your chest?

• MrsG has one. I'll let you know after I play with it at the store today!
  • So the Ergo carrier seems pretty good. It can be used as a back, hip or front carrier. I was confused about the infant insert, but the woman at the store said it wasn't necessary and some do without or put a receiving blanket around the baby.?

It feels sturdy & is comfy on, but it has a strap that hooks at the top & bottom of your back. My friend was the one who modeled it for me, and she had trouble getting it on after strapped; And she couldn't strap it herself once on. Anyway I'm not entirely sold on it, I think I'll bring DH back to look. ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"