Parenting after 35
Options

I think I have to redo sleep training

I think I need some help?. Ms. M will be a year on the 29th and I think I?ve started a bad habit that I can?t break. I started letting her sleep in between my husband and I on bad teeth nights. She starts out in her crib but then after the 2nd crying session I would just allow her to sleep with us. She currently is cutting 4 teeth at the same time and I know she?s in pain but I feel like I?m doing her no justice and using this as an excuse. My fear is I I really think she can?t fall asleep without us. I tried to do the crying it out but she seems to hold out a lot longer than I can, I tried to put her down half asleep but she just gets up and holds onto the crib for dear life and screams. I feel guilty because we really did well with sleep training in the beginning and now I have allowed her to continue to rule the bed. Any ideas, please tell me I?m not alone
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
Trying to Conceive Ticker image

Re: I think I have to redo sleep training

• Options
    Michael was not sleep trained until he was 19 months old.  Embarrassed  He took to it like a champ.  Let her ride out the teething in your bed as long as you need to.  She will not still be sleeping with you when she is 16, I promise.  I don't want to be uncomfortable when I don't feel good and our LO's are the same way.  There will time for retraining later. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We never did sleep training, but DS did sleep in our bed until 6-7 months and he is still in our room at nearly 3. I chalk it up to a vicious circle of him being a terrible sleeper as an infant and me BFing him to sleep(back then) and him being unable to fall asleep on his own s I'd BF him to sleep.

Weaning him cold turkey was a b!tch and I'm sure moving him to his own room will suck too, so my advice would be to gently encourage your DD to sleep on her own now rather than when she's older. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go through this everytime I let DD sleep with me part of the night when she's sick. Crazy enough, sometimes it only takes part of a night a few times in a week, like when she has a bad cold or something and she's back to waking up 2-3 times a night when she's back in her own bed. Not that I would change doing that, but it is a pain in the butt to get her to sleep all night and not wake up to come in with me.  Usually I try to comfort her and keep her in her own bed, and then eventually I'll let her cry for a few mins, if that doesn't work.  Usually after a few nights she's back on track.  Like you said, part of it stems from being tired when they're sick and it's just easier access if they're closer to you.  You're most definitely not alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"