South Florida Babies

?? about Baptisms

For those of you that have recently baptised your DC in a Catholic church, were any of you required to provide a "sponsorship letter"? If so, what exactly does that letter from your parish include?? It seems that every church I have called regarding a baptism has had a fairly difficult process just to apply for the baptism??!!!?? 
~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: ?? about Baptisms

• The "sponsorship letter" is just stating that you are a member of a Catholic church. The Godparents that were not members of the church where my sons were baptized had to get that letter from their church.
  • we just had madys baptism on oct 26 - we did it at the same church we got married at - immaculate conception catholic church. we were not required to take a sponsorship letter, but then again we were married there.

i have heard of many places that are asking for this now though

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I did not have to provide anything, but I think that may be because I went up to NJ to the church where I grew up and got married (and had almost every other sacrament), so they knew me and my whole family. 

Tania

• Like the others said, it is a letter from you parish, where you are an active parishner.  If you are baptizing at a church that isn't your parish, that church will ask for this letter.  As a godparent, we were asked for it too.  Our trouble was that we weren't registered anywhere; we went to church and donated, but didn't officially belong to one parish.  Luckily, the church we go to (St. Augustine in the Gables) was very understanding; when I explained to them the situation, they had me sign up and that day they had the letter ready for us.

GL.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ditto the girls. Sophia's Godparents had to get letters from their churches. We are members of our church so we were OK.

Similar to when we got married - neither of us got married in our parish so we had to provide letters from our home parish churches. Its very common and not really a big deal. The church's should provide it to you without a problem. Most just require that you go in person to pick it up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"