Snarky and T-TTC

New city, new Doctor...same problem

I'm 33 and been TTC for over 15 months now with no results. We recently moved to a new city (Philadelphia) where I have my first doctor appointment with a new doctor this week. I would like to say I'm excited, but having a hard time staying positive. Any advice on questions to ask would be greatly appreicated. Thanks.

Re: New city, new Doctor...same problem

• Ob/gyn or RE?

Do you have a previous diagnosis?

Expect this dr to re-run tests in his lab to see what happens.

• OB/GYN...no previous diagnosis. Although my previous doctor was ready to put me on Clomid since I've been tracking everything and have had 2 missed periods since going off the pill. I was hoping to not have to start from scratch, but it looks like I won't really have a choice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditch the ob/gyn. Find an RE. Get a full workup. Go from there.

Find the source of your issues before going the Clomid route. It's a catch-all initial treatment for a lot of ob/gyns instead of looking for IF causes.

• Go to an RE & Do not take any meds (including Clomid) without being closely monitored.  So many docs hand it out like candy on Halloween, which can be dangerous.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Got it... Reproductive Endocrinologist.

• And just a hint: the TTTC board may be more appropriate for you at this point.
  • Definitely go see an RE. 
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"