Eco-Friendly Family
Options

XP: natural/organic prenatal vitamins

I am going to start trying to get pregnant this summer so I'd like to start a prenatal vitamin.  I am a pescatarian (don't eat meat) and I eat clean 95% of the time.  I've heard many prenatals are all chemical so I am looking for feedback on more natural ones.  A friend recommended baby and me herb free but I'd also like some other ideas or places to see one reviews. All feedback is helpful.  Thanks!

Re: XP: natural/organic prenatal vitamins

• Options

After a lot of research, I decided to go with New Chapter prenatals.  I take the "Perfect Pregnancy" and "Wholemega Prenatal" which adds up to a whooping 7 pills a day (3 vitamins and 4 fish oils) and it's more expensive than "regular" vitamins but they're organic and made from whole food so it's worth it to me.  I'm interested to see what others post to see what other options are out there.  

FWIW- I use Amazon Subscribe and Save to order my vitamins because they're not available anywhere locally and you get a discount with the subscribe and save.  I think you could do that with most vitamins from amazon.

BabyFruit Ticker
    image imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use Rainbow Light prenatals. I believe they are vegan. They are food-based, so it is easier for your body to absorb the nutrients and the quality is verified by a third-party lab.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have Earth Fare brand, but you have to take four nasty-tasting (and quick-dissolving) vitamins and three fish oil pills a day.  I always forget to take as many as I should, so I bought a non-organic brand to take.  :(

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options

imageournaturaljourney:
    I use Rainbow Light prenatals. I believe they are vegan. They are food-based, so it is easier for your body to absorb the nutrients and the quality is verified by a third-party lab.

I use Rainbow Light Prenatals, and after looking up a bunch of different brands, these were the ones I choose as my prenatals. Vitamin Code also has raw prenatals.

My 36 week photo image Jared Ryu imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagencjulia12:

After a lot of research, I decided to go with New Chapter prenatals.  I take the "Perfect Pregnancy" and "Wholemega Prenatal" which adds up to a whooping 7 pills a day (3 vitamins and 4 fish oils) and it's more expensive than "regular" vitamins but they're organic and made from whole food so it's worth it to me.  I'm interested to see what others post to see what other options are out there.  

FWIW- I use Amazon Subscribe and Save to order my vitamins because they're not available anywhere locally and you get a discount with the subscribe and save.  I think you could do that with most vitamins from amazon.

How do you do subscribe and save?  I found the vitamins but don't see that option.  Do you have a link?  

• Options

I just looked and apparently something unusual is going on with the supply of the Perfect Prenatal because they have a little note and I don't see the s&s option either.  (I imagine that's just temporary though and it will go back on subscribe & save because it's been there before.)

(Oh wait!  If you buy the big bottle- for a whole trimester- they do have the subscribe and save: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BEDU2M/ref=rcxsubs_dp_chrt?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER)   

If you look at the Wholeomega ones though (https://www.amazon.com/New-Chapter-Wholemega-Prenatal-90-Count/dp/B0036BU9FQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1335312588&sr=1-3) it shows the subscribe and save option over to the right.  

I see they have it for the Rainbow Light that other PP mentioned too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00115BJ30/ref=rcxsubs_dp_chrt?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I order a few different things besides vitamins with the s&s and I really like it because you can choose how often- 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, etc. and you can stop it whenever or skip a shipment.  They email you before they ship so it's not like a gotcha thing.  

Hope that helps!   

BabyFruit Ticker
    image imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageldominguez1022:

imageournaturaljourney:

I use Rainbow Light Prenatals, and after looking up a bunch of different brands, these were the ones I choose as my prenatals. Vitamin Code also has raw prenatals.

These are the ones I take as well.  They have a coupon code on their site for $10 off if you buy the 90 count bottle.  I buy mine at target, the last couple times I've bought them they were on sale.  I eat all natural as well and this is the reason I chose these ones, no extra stuff your body doesn't need.

• Options
    Another vote here for "New Chapter Perfect Prenatal". (And my husband is on "New Chapter Every Man".) Love their vitamins!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"