April 2011 Moms
Options

Drinking

My son is a year old tomorrow. He stopped taking the bottle months ago. I have been trying to use the sippy cup and give him water but it isn't working so well.When he holds the sippy cup he will chew on it but not drink. The only drinks I get into him are the ones I give to him with the sippy cup or my cup. Even when I try to give him drinks with the sippy cup he fights it. But when I use a normal adult cup and have him drink out of it he drinks more.Please give me all of the suggestions that you can to help me to get him to drink more. Right now he is only getting the liquid from his food and the little that I dump into his mouth. Sorry it is so long. Please Help me thanks.

Re: Drinking

• Options

Have you tried different types of sippy cups?  Some kids do better with a hard spout, some with a soft spout, and I've heard there are spout-less sippy cups as well.  I've also heard that some kids do better from a straw, so you might try that. 

One of the girls at Chase's daycare only likes warm milk, so maybe try the liquids at different temperatures to see if that would help?

Good luck!

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    I have tried different spouts hard and soft. I will try different temperatures. Thanks co much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have had great success with the playtex straw cups.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was really hoping this post was about alcohol...
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options

imagebugandbibs:

Lurking ..... this made me Laugh so hard at work right now :)

Hope you all are having a great day ladies!

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Options

imagebugandbibs:

Me too. Lol 

Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options
    imageMrsCali_Bride:

imagebugandbibs:

Me too. Lol 

Me three

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"