May 2011 Moms
Options

Nightmares? Terrors?

I'm going to call DD's doctor this morning but wanted to know if anyone else is going through this.  My DD has slept through the night with no issues for months.  The last 3 nights she wakes several times throughout the night screaming and crying.  She is consoled for a moment if we stand up and rock her and then it is back to screaming.  Sometimes it lasts 5 minutes or over an hour.  She has been through some sickness and was on antibiotics but these are happening as her sickness is getting better.

TYIA - a very tired mommy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Nightmares? Terrors?

• Options
    We went through this for a period of about one week.  The first night I brought her into bed with us, thinking something must be wrong.  The next two nights I rocked her back to sleep and then put her in her crib.  Then we realized that nothing was necessarily wrong...  The fourth night I went in her room and talked to her but would not pick her up.  The fifth night I talked to her from our room, did not let her see me.  The sixth and seventh nights we let her cry it out, the first night it was a long as an hour.  The next night it was only about 20 mins.  After that, she never got up again. 
  • Options
    Could it be teething? This is the second episode within the last month for us. I thought it was his belly because he arches his back and cries out in pain but then I checked his gums with my index finger and to the right of his bottom teeth the gums feel swollen. I gave him some tylenol last night and it seemed to help a little. Hope your LO feels better soon. I know how tired you must be!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"