LGBT Parenting

Beta Hell

Beta hell is where I am.  My beta on Friday was 26.6 - positive but low.  Today it was 69.5 - increasing, but not doubling within 48 hours.  The RE's office doesn't really seem to want to comment except to say  "it's early."  I suspect this is going to be chemical, but the waiting is killing me.  I was hesitant to post because I wanted to be able to post a purely happy bfp...but now it's dragging on.  Thoughts, prayers, etc. welcome.  Thanks.
TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
IVF Oct/Nov 2012
Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
Cautiously optimistic.

Re: Beta Hell

• I'm sorry it's hard right now. You have my thoughts, prayers, and positive energy. Hang in there! It's a hard time, but my fingers and toes are crossed for you. (((((((hugs)))))))
  • hlkehlke member
    I can't imagine how hard the waiting and not knowing yet is.  I have all my crossable parts crossed for you!
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Loading the player...
  • Boo for beta hell!!! Sending good thoughts your way...

• I am so sorry. The waiting must be awful. It is early and it is going u p so I am crossing my fingers for you. Hang in there.
  • Oh no. I am so sorry. Being in limbo sucks. I hope you get good news soon.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Sad

I'm so, so sorry you're going through this.  I hope it ends soon either way -- but I really hope it ends with good news!

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCmartin6706:
    Bagh! Waiting is terrible. Not knowing is terrible. I feel for you guys, and I'm totally rooting for you. I have heard of so many cases where initially slow doubling betas turn out with perfectly healthy babies!

This!  Don't give up. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Fingers and toes crossed !!!
  • imageTaylorandMel:

imageCmartin6706:
    Bagh! Waiting is terrible. Not knowing is terrible. I feel for you guys, and I'm totally rooting for you. I have heard of so many cases where initially slow doubling betas turn out with perfectly healthy babies!

This!  Don't give up. 

Yep!  It's still a bfp!  Hugs.

• ugh, its so hard. hang in there!!  fx and prayers that this is your sticky baby!
  • Hang in there, I know its hard not knowing, but it was still increasing at a good rate. E's initial beta was soooo low, that we didn't figure it was going anywhere, then it crazy increased- moral of the story, you never know until you know. All sorts of thoughts/prayers and crossed fingers and toes!
    image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • oh man. I have been there, it is so hard. I'm sending lots of good thoughts and hoping everything turns out okay for you!
  • Thank you everyone.  I will update when I know more.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Coming in late, but just wanted to add an additional voice of support. We'll be thinking of you!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Sending lots of very positive thoughts.

Good luck! 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Thinking of you guys hope it just is a late bloomer.  Hugs
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry you can't revel in a BFP and I'll be thinking of you as you wait for your next results!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry you didn't get the reassuring number you were hoping for, but I'm optimistic!! The range I've always heard is 48-72 hours for doubling, and you're within that. Also, I NEVER had a beta double in 48 hours. I think even with the twins, my doubling time was only 52-point-something. Fingers crossed for you!!
    Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

• imagekendylann:
    Sorry you didn't get the reassuring number you were hoping for, but I'm optimistic!! The range I've always heard is 48-72 hours for doubling, and you're within that. Also, I NEVER had a beta double in 48 hours. I think even with the twins, my doubling time was only 52-point-something. Fingers crossed for you!!

Thanks Kendyl.  It's always nice to hear the success stories.  It seems like there's such huge variation in people's experiences.  I am feeling the tiniest bit of hope, but DW reminds me that a m/c will be easier if we never really thought of ourselves as pregnant to begin with...  Time will tell. 

IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"