Trying to Get Pregnant

I know it's weird, but a faint negative?!

So, let's start by saying I went off birth control in September, and I have only had 3 periods since (1 of which was brought on by Provera). So, needless to say, I have irregular periods (I was actually put on birth control back in high school to regulate my periods). This month, surprise surprise: no period. However, I've had cramping, bloating, post nasal drip, an aversion to certain smells, and terrible breath. By a normal 28-day cycle, I'm 8 days late. I've been taking pregnancy tests, but they're all coming back negative. Friday and today (Tuesday) I took Kroger brand tests. They're the ones where you see a "+" if you are positive and a "-" if you're negative. So, both times, there was a very, very, very faint "-"  and an extremely dark control line. What the heck does that mean? Is there a chance I am pregnant? Also, because of my irregular cycles, when should I test and when should I give up and call the doctor for a blood test. This stuff is so nerve wracking and stressful!! :(

Re: I know it's weird, but a faint negative?!

• Are they pink or blue dye tests? 

ETA:  I am having troubles reading today.  If there is a control line, I would trust that the test is accurate.

• imageBanker&BSN:

Are they pink or blue dye tests? 

ETA:  I am having troubles reading today.  If there is a control line, I would trust that the test is accurate.

::hands banker a glass of wine to help with reading skills::

If you have a control line, and a negative result, then you are not pregnant. Irregular cycles can be frustrating. Since you obviously don't have a "regular" 28-day cycle, then you are probably not "late." You may want to start tracking your cycles by using OPKs or by charting your temp if you are worried about when to test and whatnot. It takes a lot of the guessing and worrying out of the process.

*** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Loading the player...
  • After reading your post 4 timesHuh?, I have to say, if there is a control line, and its still coming up with a faint "-" you are not pregnant.
  • If they are blue dye tests, throw them away and go get a FRER or digital.  Wait a few more days and test again. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They are blue dye
  • imagemccleary.11:
    They are blue dye

Oh, that is no good. Blue dye tests are notorious for false positives. Go get a digi or FRER and see what they say. You aren't out until you get your period. FX for you.

ETA: comprehension fail. Sorry, OP, you obviously aren't dealing with a false positive. Listen to the other posters. My newb is showing.

• imagemccleary.11:
    However, I've had cramping, bloating, post nasal drip, an aversion to certain smells, and terrible breath.

I wasn't aware that terrible breath was a symptom of pregnancy. If it is, my grandfather has been KTFU my whole life. 

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejcameron2010:

imagemccleary.11:
    They are blue dye

Oh, that is no good. Blue dye tests are notorious for false positives. Go get a digi or FRER and see what they say. You aren't out until you get your period. FX for you.

Yes, but she doesn't have a false positive. She has a faint negative sign. OP, don't waste anymore money on HPT's. You are definitely not pregnant.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

imagemccleary.11:
    However, I've had cramping, bloating, post nasal drip, an aversion to certain smells, and terrible breath.

I wasn't aware that terrible breath was a symptom of pregnancy. If it is, my grandfather has been KTFU my whole life. 

Bwahahaha!

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!

imagemccleary.11:

Hahaha! This is too funny. :) 

BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imagemccleary.11:

This can actually be a pregancy symptom, but I don't think it happens early, can't remember.

But, OP, if the tests are faint on friday and days later on tuesday, it is negative. By then the color should increase.

• LOL - let me clarify: bad tastes in my mouth. Not quite metallic-like, but just weird tasting.

Also, yeah, I'm thinking negative, too. :( But it could be because I'm not truly late yet. Darn irregular cycle!!

• I HATE blue dye tests...
    Married my man on June 6, 2009 TTC #1 March of 2012 image

imagemccleary.11:

lmao

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"