Adoption
Options

Starting the Process: Told the In-laws :)

We saw my DH's parents this weekend and announced our plans to move forward with adoption.  I was so incredibly nervous even though I knew they would be supportive, but it really hit me hard when I actually heard the words. They said "It sounds like you have done the research and are making sure it is what's right for you, so whatever you need we will support you through it, just let us know, and we are so happy for you."  I started crying, I was just so thankful to have their support and share our excitement with us, and to know we won't be alone with the long road ahead.

We are still going through a few more IF steps with our RE, but we know whether or not we ever have a bio child, we will have a place in our family for an adopted child. This was such a wonderful step in the process!

Next I will have to figure out how to talk to my own parents... that one is a much more difficult situation, but we'll get there. Thanks for listening! :) 

TTC for 5 years, with 2 failed IUIs. Excited to grow our family through international adoption!
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Be JOYFUL in HOPE, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ~Romans 12:12

Re: Starting the Process: Told the In-laws :)

• Options
    Congrats! GL with your IF tx and telling your parents!
  • Options
    imageStormyEyez:

We are still going through a few more IF steps with our RE, but we know whether or not we ever have a bio child, we will have a place in our family for an adopted child.

This is us too!  I'm so glad telling the ILs went well!!  GL with telling your parents.  I hope they are as supporting and as loving as your ILs were!

Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
    July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
    March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
    09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
    Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
    12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    That's wonderful that they were so supportive. We didn't have so much luck at first (see my whiny post below...). Hope everything goes well with your parents and good luck with your IF treatments!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We told our parents this past weekend. It is such a relief, isn't it, to verbalize the plan and get it out in the open? I'm so glad it went well for you!
    :::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • Options
    yay! glad the conversation went well for you!
    S/P L salpingo-oophorectomy w/ septic torsion 1999, dx moderate to severe Crohn's dz 2004. DH S/P hypospadic sx w/ multiple subsequent scar tissue removals, S/P herniorrhaphy. Married on 10/7/2006! TTC since May 2011; abnormal SA #1, better SA #2, normal HSG 7/2012, dx MFI/ low egg count, IUI! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"