June 2011 Moms
Options

Weaning from milk (not the boob, milk in general)

LO only drank 12 oz at DC yesterday.  Ususally he will have 21 oz at DC.  He ate ALL his meals and all his snacks.  The teacher told me that around 1 yr they start to wean themselves of of milk in general and their milk intake drops.  

Has anyone experienced this yet?  What is the min amount they should be having per day now?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weaning from milk (not the boob, milk in general)

• Options
    Avery was drinking about 36oz total a few weeks ago. When I spoke to the pedi about switching to almond milk, she said he only needs about 16-20oz a day of milk and to offer water the other times. I thought she was crazy, but we are already down to 24oz a day.
  • Options
    DD takes about 20 ounces per day plus prune juice / water combo of 4 oz.  Sometimes she'll take 22 but those days are rare.  I can't get her to take more and her pedi said it's fine.  By 1 they would them around 16 ounces.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

yep... for the past month or so H only drinks about 12-15 oz a day. The pedi says thats normal.

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    We recently dropped from 3 bottles to 2 at daycare too. (So 17 oz to 12 oz). She's eating way more food, so they spaced her schedule differently and she hasn't missed the 3rd bottle.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    LO drinks 4 6oz bottles, so 24 oz.  Occasionally he will only take 3, I really don't want him to go below 18oz of liquid, we do offer sippys of water at each meal, he doesn't drink that much though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I will try to stick to the 18oz rule.  I can't wait until LO's 12 month appt.  I have so many questions!
  • Options
    I'm glad you posted this. I have been wondering the same thing. Abby just hasn't been finishing her bottle lately and I was worried because she only used to eat four six ounce bottles anyway. I would say we are about in the 20oz. range for her. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"