Military Families

Landstuhl, Germany Mommies to Be??

I just moved to K-Town from Bamberg, Germany. 6 of my kids were born at the Bamberg Klinkum. Now that I live in K-town, I HAVE to deliver at Landstuhl (unless I want to pay 25% under Tricare Standard). I'm not to happy with care so far and was wondering if anyone else lives here and what your experience has been.

Re: Landstuhl, Germany Mommies to Be??

• Have you talked to your patient advocate?

CJ 05/29/2013

• Hi and I'm sorry you're having a tough time with Landstuhl! I delivered there and I thought it was great for the most part. I was very well taken care of the entire time. I went to the Centering classes and my midwifes were Pam (Major Rossio) and Lynn however I delivered on the weekend so I got a random doctor. What was funny is that I met that doctor in line at the theater in the mall, and she was awesome! Her name is Dr. Tucker, and she delivered my neighbor's daughter in February and she also liked her. My stay was comfortable and even though the postpartum rooms have 2 beds in there, the staff are pretty good at keeping it one person per room unless they are really busy. HOWEVER, my friend that had the baby in Feb said she hated it their because it was so different from her first delivery (while she was in the states). Mostly because 1) she had to move from the delivery room to the postpartum ward (I didn't mind), 2) she had to share a room with a woman who had all kinds of family at all hours that would open/close the windows, turn on lights in my friend's section, and the ward was NOT full, and 3) there is no space for your spouse to stay with you. Actually there is a little armchair that folds out into a little bed. Also they only allow your child's siblings in to visit so let your friends with kids know beforehand. I loved the food, I had an awesome night nurse (Sherri). Any other questions, let me know!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info!  I was actually in the MBU for a few days-found out that this  baby is trying to sneak out early!  I will be on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy :(  I like my doctors, but have already had more issues with the discharge doctor and trying to get a note for my husband's unit. Grrrrrr. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"