January 2011 Moms
Options

Bazaar rash

Ugh, I'm at a loss here. JT has a rash around where the top of the diaper goes. Sometimes red dots (like little pimples) travel up to his chest, sometimes on his inner thighs. Always around his belly and sides, none on his back.

Dr. had me try cortizone twice a day for a week - no difference. Went back to the dr. and a different dr. said to skip cortizone and try chlorine free diapers and wipes. Now we are on day 4 of these expensive wipes and diapers and no difference.

My next step is to a dermatologist...anything you guys can think of?

It seems to be at its best first thing in the morning, he wears onesies pretty much underneath everything and they are the cotton Carter ones he's been wearing since NB and I only use Dreft in his laundry. It's kind of cool here the past few days so I doubt heat rash. We do an Aveeno bath every few days but the rash doesn't seem to bother him.

Re: Bazaar rash

• Options

Try Calendula. We use it on every skin thing for the whole family and it is amazing.

There's also something that you can put in a bath I think. I think it's called Domodoro but I might be wrong about the name. Our doctor (who is sort of integrative) recommended it when DD had a bit of eczema but I never ended up needing to use it.

If calendula doesn't work, I'd see a dermatologist.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    Do you think its from chaffing or detergent sensitivity? Maybe try washing his clothes in a free and clear detergent and see if that helps. Dreft does have a lot of fragrance to it. Could it be his bath products (lotion or soap/shampoo) ? Food allergy?

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've never heard of Calendula - I will give that a try.

It looks like it could be chaffing but then it spreads so I'm not sure how that would work. Like - it shouldn't be in the middle of his belly or near his chest (although it's very scarce there).

I've been using the same detergent and soap products since birth (Dreft and Baby Magic and J&J Cornstarch at times). It couldn't hurt to give something more mild a shot in both of those categories. Wonder if they can just become sensitive to something I've been using for so long.

Food allergy - I guess it could be, but I have no idea.  

• Options

Cooper had the same thing and we tried everything including Dreft.  Nothing helped and it eventually went away on it's own. 

I hope it goes away for you soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"