Postpartum Depression
Options

had my first session yesterday..

My ob & the therapist confirmed my fears, and that I do have ppd. They said it is triggered by my sons stay in the NICU. The only problem Im having, is I hated it. Absolutely, positively hated talking with the therapist. I came away from my first session feeling like Im overreacting to everything and making stuff up. The women was really nice and in no way said anything to make me feel like that. I think it may have to do with the fact that she is a women. I dont do well with women doctors, I actually don't have any. All of my doctors are male. The problem is that she is the only one who will come to the NICU and do the session there. I feel stuck. I know I need someone to talk to, but I dont think this women is a good match. but I know I wont go see anyone else. I wont take precious time out of my visits with him. I just dont know what to do..
My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage

Re: had my first session yesterday..

• Options

Right now, probably anyone you talk to will leave you feeling this way.  Give her a shot.  Try her out for a few weeks, and see how you feel.  BTW, you are not overreacting, you are not making stuff up, and the doc knows it.  She can help, and she wants to help.  Let her try.

I wish you all the best in your recovery.

Seriously, people. If your faith in humanity is destroyed because your parents told you there was a Santa Claus and as it turns out there is no Santa Claus, you are an ignorant, hypersensitive cry baby with absolutely zero perspective. - UnderwaterRhymes
  • Options
    I would try her for a little while, and then, if it isn't working out, let her know your issues with women doctors and ask her if she has anyone she can recommend.  It might work out though.  I had a lot of the same issues you do.  I was weirded out by my therapist at first.  I will say that for me, talking to someone has really helped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"