Adoption

A little update

Hello, 

I haven't had much time to post but I wanted to update on our situation. After an incredibly long journey we finally have our baby boy. He was born March 6 and he has been a wonderful addition to our family. Everyone told me that the right baby would come along and he or she would just fit into our lives. We had a failed match in September and I just couldn't understand why we would get so close only to have it taken away. Apparently, this little guy was meant to be our baby and not the one in September.  Everything went perfectly. Our birth mother was awesome, the hospital was great and our baby was born healthy and beautiful. In the end, it was worth all of the heartache of infertility, the failed IVF's, the surrogacy in India, the failed match and... the waiting.  

Although we have our baby, I will never forget what it took to bring him home. For those that are still waiting, please don't give up hope. There will be days when you want to and that's OK but don't let it break you. All of you are in my prayers and I hope that each of you gets your baby. I want to thank all of you for your help when I was at my low points and when I needed encouragement.

Fibroids discovered and removed October 2005. Pathology came back with suspicious results (potential cancer) and had a partial hysterectomy January 2006. I still have both ovaries. September 2009, DH and I travelled to Mumbai, India for gestational surrogacy but it didn't work. We tried again September 2010 and it didn't work again. By this time we decided to expand our family through adoption. Home study completed February 14, 2011. Matched with a birth mom August 1, 2011. Match failed September 8, 2011. Matched with a new birth mom January 2012. Our baby boy was born March 6, 2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A little update

• Congratulations on your little boy!  That's amazing.  I also believe that the baby we're supposed to have will find us when the time is right.  Thanks for your encouragement. :)
  • Congratulations! So glad you have your happy ending. It was kind of you to encourage those of us that are still waiting. Thank you!
    The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekinggatr:

Although we have our baby, I will never forget what it took to bring him home. For those that are still waiting, please don't give up hope. There will be days when you want to and that's OK but don't let it break you.   

I agree with this 100%! We went through a lot to get our DD and I am so thankful that none of the other matches held up! Congrats on your addition! :)

keira party Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, what a journey you've had!  Congratulations . . . happy for you.  Enjoy your little man!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"