3rd Trimester

When to pack your bags?

My DD#1 came at 38w+3d and I was packing while in labor lol. I am 32 now with DD#2.

When are you planning on packing your bags and what are you packing?

Re: When to pack your bags?

• I haven't really thought about it yet.  I guess it would be a good idea to pack about 3-4 weeks before your due date.  The change of clothes can probably be a little smaller than what you are wearing in the last month anyway (they say to pack something that fit you at 6 months pregnant).

Baby's stuff can be packed early too.

But honestly I think I'll be grabbing the tolietries and a few things at the last minute, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • I'll have a basic bag packed by 36 weeks I hope, just to be safe. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually plan on packing while in labor.  I thought it would give me something to do lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDavesgrl2011:
    I actually plan on packing while in labor.  I thought it would give me something to do lol.

I did this with DD#1... it was awful I must say... haha I dont want that happening again!! :)

• I am having a scheduled c/s at 39 weeks so I will probably pack the night before knowing me.
  • imagepinkmoonlight:
    I am having a scheduled c/s at 39 weeks so I will probably pack the night before knowing me.

I have an induction scheduled at 39 weeks but since my DD came early my doctor said that DD#2 probably wouldnt make it to the induction lol!!!

• All of our bags have been packed for about 2 weeks now. 

Aside from clothes for me and DH, I bought trial size toiletries (if I didn't already have some extra) so that I didn't have to worry about those at the last minute.  With Micah, I went in for my regular NST and never came home.  If I had waited to pack my bag, it never would have happened!  I also have some snacks packed, a couple card games, and some DVDs.  I ended up being induced last time so I spent several hours in the hospital before I was feeling any kind of pain.

Micah's bag is also packed to go to my parents' house.  I just have to grab his diapers (we cd) when we leave.

• My bag will be packed at 34-35w.  But babies tend to come early in my family.
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • I started putting things in my bag as I think of them. Of course the things I use everyday will not be put in until the last minute.
  • I went ahead and put a list together last week, so I think I might start putting stuff in a bag this week. I will be 36 wks on Thursday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would definitely pack around 34-35 weeks, just in case.  I ended up putting it off and my doctor called me at 10:30 at night telling me to go in (I have pre-e so he wasnt sure if he was going to take me or not, but told me to pack a bag in case).  I ended up throwing things in a bag like a mad woman.  Thank goodness he decided to release me and let me wait another week because I went through my bag and saw what I had actually packed...I must have thought I was going on vacation instead of to deliver a baby.  I was lucky to get a second chance at it and take my time to figure out what I actually needed, bc I would have ended up with a lot of random stuff I didnt really have any use for!
  • I've already started a list so I can add items as I read threads about the topic.  I'll probably put together my bag at 37 weeks and then throw in last minute items while in labor.  I think I'll be fine as long as I have a list. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • i plan to pack my bag at 33weeks my son was early at 35weeks and i was not prepared at all ... i had to rush home shower and pack i was supposed to go straight to hospital but i had to grab things 1st... and it was starting to snow turned into a blizzard and we were in a camaro lol... so this time i will be prepared waaay ahead of time so there is no rush or stress... i think packing while in labor would drive me nuts and i would bring all kinds of crazy things...
    image baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAmberMH08:
    i plan to pack my bag at 33weeks my son was early at 35weeks and i was not prepared at all ... i had to rush home shower and pack i was supposed to go straight to hospital but i had to grab things 1st... and it was starting to snow turned into a blizzard and we were in a camaro lol... so this time i will be prepared waaay ahead of time so there is no rush or stress... i think packing while in labor would drive me nuts and i would bring all kinds of crazy things...

Ditto this!  I had DD at 35 weeks on the dot and totally wasn't expecting it.  My doctor was standing in my house while I was trying to throw stuff in a bag telling me I needed to come on and hurry up.  I was 8cm!  I will be prepared WAY in advance this time.  I ended up sending DH home (we live out in the country, 30 min from hospital) twice to get stuff I'd forgotten - and he didn't have anything!  It was a mess!

• DD1: August 2009
    • DD2: December 2010
    • DS: August 2012
    • M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
    • DD3: October 2014 - April 2015 Miss you baby girl.
    • Current Due date:  April 14, 2016
    Musings of a Farmer's Wife
  • I'm collecting all the laundry and hope to pack when it's all done. I have to pack one for the hospirol and 1 for each of our DDs for grandmoms house. So I wanna be prepared for them at least so I'm not scrambling around. Plus #3 is supposed to come faster so I don't wanna wait last minute. All I have so far is trial size shampoo and body wash. Gotta get some trial sizes, travel toothbrushes and toothpaste, I have to pick out baby's going home outfit and pretty much everything lol. Haven't started yet. Maybe I'll do some of that this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"