Postpartum Depression
Options

PPA/PPD

I have been struggling with some major anxiety since DD was born 3 weeks ago. I've had some pretty intense medical problems in the past and there were some issues that "brought me back" during DD's birth and the first few days when we were home.

I spoke with my OB after the first week to talk about what I was feeling. I had a LONG 60 hour labor that ended in an emergency c-section. She gave me a list of names and I got an Rx for Zoloft, but didn't take it. I had some flashbacks of her birth the other night, I can't sleep at night, and I am a big ball of nerves for most of the day, especially when DH is at work. I worry all the time. I spoke with the on call OB yesterday and I started it. I also have a counseling appointment with someone this week. 

Everyone tells me to get out of the house, do something for myself, etc. but I've never been that person. I do a lot for everyone else. This week is the first week I'll truly be by myself. My mom was home during last week because of school vacation. I'm nervous and anxious just thinking about it. I take my days in segments, but it's hard for me. I don't know why. I know Zoloft takes a while to work, but I'm sure it will.

Mr and Mrs EST 8.19.06

DD#1 3.28.12
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: PPA/PPD

• Options

Ativan works really well until the Zoloft starts to work. I started Effexor 5 days after delivery to prevent PPD/PPA. I was still very anxious the ativan works so great. I only needed a small amount a day and only took it for about a month when the Effexor started kicking in. I know how you feel. I just kept telling myself this too shall pass and it did. My baby girl is 3 months old now and I am feeling great. Hang in there. 

Hugs!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hang in there.  I have been experiencing depression since I was 11, but after giving birth I was totally thrown.  I had to change my medication, which I am currently doing right now.

I am not really one to go out and do stuff either, but it really helped me just to get out and keep my mind occupied.  What did you do before you were a SAHM (I am presuming you are).  Maybe you could join a mom's group.  I am the most anxious person when it comes to meeting new people; just signing for the postman freaks me out, but I still really appreciate having a moms group.  THe one I found was like a class, so I don't have to talk to anybody; I can just bring my baby and listen for a while.  It is nice.  Library times are good too.  I know your baby is small, but story time is as much for moms as it is for babies.

Feel free to email me personally, if you want  I am definitely going through the same thing. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Trazadone for my antidepressant.  It helps with anxiety, depression and sleeplessness.  I have also used Ativan before and it works.  I take 2mg of Klonopin at night now and it works better than the Ativan.  I had the same problem....couldn't sleep for months.  Finally got in to see and pyschiatrist and he put me on those drugs along with Serequel for my constant racing mind.  All the meds work and I sleep much, much better now.  Good luck!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"