Attachment Parenting

LO#2 coming - how to make it easy for LO#1

So my LO  is the center of our world and he's currently 16mo old -I'm expecting a baby in October BUT I had plans of putting LO in daycare in September part-time (he's currently with my mom) and my MIL and FIL are flying in to "help out" the first month - I feel like this is a lot of change going on in September / October and he might have a hard time? or am I over thinking this?

Also - I'm a teacher so I'll be with him the WHOLE summer and then I go back to work in September -

Any ideas? strategies? thoughts? words of encouragment? lol

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: LO#2 coming - how to make it easy for LO#1

• Can you transition him to daycare over the summer? Like once or twice a week for a few hours and work him up to full days? My kids were in daycare young (6 months) and had no trouble adjusting, but I imagine it might be hard to be home all the time, then suddenly be in a daycare as a toddler.

He'll be fine. Kids adjust.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I think he'll be okay.  I would try to start daycare at least a month before the baby is due which it sounds like you're doing.  He might have a hard time at first since he's a little older but will adjust within a few weeks would be my guess which is prior to the adjustment of having the new baby in the house.  Kids have to adjust to new things all the time..."this too shall pass."  Good luck!
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS2 was born in September so I had my DS1 start daycare 3 days a week for 1.5 month prior which helped significantly. After the baby came,The other 2 days, MIL would stay for the day until DH returned from work. This was mostly to have someone around if I needed to nap or relax and give DS1 company. Sometimes I would have her hold the baby and put him to sleep so I could spend more time with DS1.
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"