Babies: 0 - 3 Months

rash/baby acne all over face neck and chest...help

My 4 week old has been developing what i thought was baby acne on her cheeks but it seems to be spreading around her face and neck, and behind her ears and on top of her chest.  I don't think it is a heat rash... but it is blotchy red and there are what appears to be some whiteheads (which is why i thought acne)  could it be an allergic reaction? should i be concerned?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: rash/baby acne all over face neck and chest...help

• My LO had baby acne that spread all over his head, face, neck chest etc.  The doctor said it was baby acne and very normal.  I put aquaphor on his face every night after he is swaddled and he has the softest skin now (the acne is gone).  If you're concerned, check with your pedi, but this is what I did.

• It's acne. My LO had it on her chest too. You don't have to put anything on it. It goes away on it's own. My LO had it from 3-5 weeks old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like erythema toxicum. It looks terrible but it's harmless and doesn't bother them at all. It goes away on its own, though be aware it might disappear and reappear in different spots before it goes away altogether. Theres nothing you can do about it and doctors arent really sure what causes it. Both mine had it around 4 weeks- don't remember when it went away with dd1 but dd2 is 12w and her skin is perfect now. It's nothing to worry about.
  • DS had newborn rash and baby acne, it was all cleared up by 7weeks or so.
  • My LO had baby acne around 5 weeks and it started to clear up, but then at 7 weeks he broke out in a rash all over. I took him to the pedi and they said he was having an allergic reaction to his body wash, which I have been using the entire time. She said with the change of seasons his skin was reacting different and we could use cortizone 10, but we just switched soap and it cleared up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"