Operation Homefront Baby Shower — The Bump
Military Families

Operation Homefront Baby Shower

I attended the one today at Ft. Benning and I highly recommend you attend one if they come to your base and you are pregnant.  It was a great time meeting all of the other pregnant ladies, eating yummy food, door prizes, games and guest speakers.  I didn't win any of the door prizes which doesn't suprise me b/c I never win anything but the gift baskets were full of lots of goodies.  Before leaving they had everyone grab a gift bag for girl, boy or neautral.  When I got to the car I was shocked by how many free awesome goodies I received just for attending.  The goodies were: pacifier clip, 2 coupons for free jumbo pack of Huggies diapers and 8 outfits from Carters.  Thank you Carters and Huggies for sponsoring such a wonderful event :)

Re: Operation Homefront Baby Shower

• That's great! I attended a shower last October by "Operation Showers of Appreciation" it was AWESOME!!!! I husband (& another guy who helped him out) made two trips to the car that's how much stuff we got!! Although I think they are only on the West Coast right now. I didn't get any big items since I already had them (they ask whats on your wish list) but I did get one big gift-a playard. I saw some girls walk outta there with cribs, car seats, strollers, etc. I love how some of these organizations are so generous and help us military families out :] 
    ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Those sound AMAZING! I wish they came to our base. I know so many pregnant girls right now having our first LOs and DH's are deploying. We could use a fun pick me up like that!
  • Loading the player...
  • I went on the website and could not find where they list the places they are going..

Do you have to request them to come to your area or is it a base to base thing that they do. My husband is stationed at camp pendleton and about to deploy so this would help out ALOT! 

• I attended one last year and it was really great. A local wife organized it with Operation Homefront and they were very generous.  We had a good time.
    m/c @ 6 weeks - March 2013 
    m/c @ 5 weeks - April 2013 
    m/c @ 7 weeks - December 2013, D & C 12/27/2013 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageKarissahh:

I went on the website and could not find where they list the places they are going..

Do you have to request them to come to your area or is it a base to base thing that they do. My husband is stationed at camp pendleton and about to deploy so this would help out ALOT! 

I know Operation Showers of Appreciation does shower for Camp P wives. The one I went to in October was in Riverside and it was for 29 Palms and Camp P! They have a website and a fb page as well. You could always email and ask when the next shower is. They're awesome ladies.  

ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm going to one here in Tacoma next weekend... hubs just deployed and I figured why not get out of the house for the afternoon

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards