Eco-Friendly Family

Lots of Qs about Unpaper Towels

How many do you have in your stash?

How do you "display" them? In a basket on your kitchen counter?

Are they just Birdseye diapers?

If you buy them for less than $1 each, where do you get them?

Do they hold up? Stain?

Do they work for cleaning glass?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: Lots of Qs about Unpaper Towels

• We have a laundry room opposite our kitchen. So in there I have one of those cloth bins filled with cloths.  I have 6 dish cloths for washing dishes, and the rest are for cleaning.

I have a bunch of the microfiber towels, some el cheapo gerber prefolds (they're awful.  I'd buy the diaper service quality ones if you are going to buy them), Stained washcloths, and some old hand towels.

I don't use anything special because I thought it was less eco friendly to buy new than to just use what I had that was getting worn out.  I had bought the micofiber towels to use as doublers in DS's CD, but we had such issues with stink I never even tried them. 

I know on etsy you can buy some that are pre rolled like paper towels and have snaps that join them together.  You can even store them right on a paper towel holder. 

ETA:  Microfiber works really well on glass.  It's super absorbent so it doesn't streak or leave behind fuzzies.  I had an older lady from church helping me clean before our house went on the market and she said she was converted.  I gave her a few to take home. 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • How many do you have in your stash? I have around 3 dozen.

How do you "display" them? In a basket on your kitchen counter? Yep, I keep some in a basket on my counter. The rest are in a kitchen cabinet.

Are they just Birdseye diapers? They can be whatever you want.

If you buy them for less than $1 each, where do you get them? I use bar towels. They work really well for me! I got them off Amazon for under $1 each. I had some left over dye from another project so I dyed them to make them a little more esthetically pleasing.

Do they hold up? Stain? Mine have held up really well. I've been using them for over 2 years. I can't see any stains on mine (and that's after cleaning up everything under the sun including spilled grape juice and wine). The dye really helps keep them looking nice and not stained.

Do they work for cleaning glass? They work well for cleaning glass now. They didn't when I first started using them. I ended up switching up my glass cleaner and now they work great.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"