Eco-Friendly Family

DIY Drain un-clogger?

lol, being pregnant my vocabulary is very low xD But any suggestions on an eco-friendly DIY drain cleaner thing?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                     §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                       Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy

Re: DIY Drain un-clogger?

• I guess it depends on what's clogging it, but I've had success with baking soda, followed by a healthy splash of vinegar then flushed with hot water after the fizzing is done.

I've also retreived massive wads of hair with a wire clothes hanger.

• We often use a manual hand snake thingy, that we got from home depot for sink and bath clogs. Often our clogs are hair-related, and the baking soda/vinegar/coke remedies don't break that down (and truthfully neither do the nasty chemical versions).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAnaKat405:

I guess it depends on what's clogging it, but I've had success with baking soda, followed by a healthy splash of vinegar then flushed with hot water after the fizzing is done.

I've also retreived massive wads of hair with a wire clothes hanger.

This exactly.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thank you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy
  • Ditto.

For stubborn non hair related clogs I've had really good luck putting 1 part washing soda and 1 part baking soda in the drain then flushing with vinegar. The washing soda and baking soda combo works much better for me than straight baking soda.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"