June 2012 Moms
Options

Lightly spotting in third tri

Hey Ladies,

Is anyone experiencing very light, minimal spotting??  I'm ~31 weeks and noticed some very light pink spotting last night and this morning.  I have no pain or discomfort whatsoever, but it freaked me out a little b/c I did have spotting in my first trimester.  I tried to contact my docs office but of course they are closed...I do have a growth scan on Monday, so I will mention it then to the doctor....

Re: Lightly spotting in third tri

• Options

Have you had sex within the past couple days? That can cause spotting at any time during pregnancy.

If not, I would try to get ahold of the on call doctor/midwife. The office should have an answering service that can connect you to them (and if not...get a new doc! what if you go into labor on the weekend?) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

got this on babycenter.  just thought of it with the pink part.

Call your practitioner immediately if you have more than four contractions in an hour or any other signs of preterm labor: an increase in vaginal discharge or a change in the type of discharge (if it becomes watery, mucus-like, or bloody ? even if it's pink or just tinged with blood); abdominal pain or menstrual-like cramping; an increase in pressure in the pelvic area; or low back pain, especially if you didn't have it before.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have light spotting occasionally. I have an irritated cervix. Have you had sex, done a lot of walking or strained during a BM recently? That could do it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd definitely call the on-call Doctor. Better to be safe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor has always said to call him day or night if I have any kind of spotting or bleeding.  I'm sure your doctor's office has an on call person.  I don't really think you should just wait around until Monday.
  • Options

imagePhantomPower:
    I'd definitely call the on-call Doctor. Better to be safe.

I agree. There has to be someone you can speak to. I would not wait until Monday.  Better safe than sorry. Take care.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would call and try to speak to the on call dr. I had some spotting around 23 weeks that turned out to be the result of a polyp on my cervix I had irritated straining during a bm. It turned out ok, but I was terrified because I too had spotted during my first tri.

I think it is better to be safe and have it checked out. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"