June 2012 Moms
Options

Pre-Natal massage - tips appropriate?

So DH scheduled me for a pre-natal  massage tomorrow morning and I'm so excited about it, but my questions are these:

Do I give a tip? And if so, how much?

I don't normally treat myself to spa days, massages, facials, or things like that, so I don't know the proper ediquette.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pre-Natal massage - tips appropriate?

• Options

If it is her own business where she sets the prices, then no. If it is a spa with a massage tech then yes. It should be 18-20% of the value. If you have a coupon, always tip on the price before the coupon.

(Some people tip 15%, but personally as someone who works in the hospitality business, I would always recommend 20%)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the response! It is a spa with a tech. I'll be sure to bring some extra cash.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKrissyMiss:
    Thanks for the response! It is a spa with a tech. I'll be sure to bring some extra cash.

Enjoy, I had two massages already and I am going for one more. All were gifts and I am so excited for it to come. 

• Options
    I love getting massages and I have a spa that I used to frequent before I got pregnant.  They do prenatal massages after the 1st trimester, but I hesitate going b/c I am too big for their robes.  No way are the robes going to close around my belly!  My own robe won't work, either. The way my spa works is you change into a robe and slippers and sit to wait for your tech in a "sanctuary" with other women, cold fruit water, and little canopies like sliced cucumber, fresh/dried fruits, tea, etc.  I am too embarrassed to sit in the sanctuary in pajamas.  How stupid is that?!?!?
  • Options

imageDavesgrl2011:
    I love getting massages and I have a spa that I used to frequent before I got pregnant.  They do prenatal massages after the 1st trimester, but I hesitate going b/c I am too big for their robes.  No way are the robes going to close around my belly!  My own robe won't work, either. The way my spa works is you change into a robe and slippers and sit to wait for your tech in a "sanctuary" with other women, cold fruit water, and little canopies like sliced cucumber, fresh/dried fruits, tea, etc.  I am too embarrassed to sit in the sanctuary in pajamas.  How stupid is that?!?!?

You shouldn't let that stop you.  It sounds wonderful.  They may have plus-sized robes for larger women that you've just never seen before.  Or go with your PJs - the other women will understand - they've probably all been there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecchill01:

imageDavesgrl2011:

You shouldn't let that stop you.  It sounds wonderful.  They may have plus-sized robes for larger women that you've just never seen before.  Or go with your PJs - the other women will understand - they've probably all been there.

I agree. I am by no means small, but I am there for relaxation, and not to impress others. I never notice anyone else in the waiting room, I am too busy drinking herbal tea and eating cookies while waiting for the tech. 

• Options
    I know it's stupid.  Never had a problem with their robes before, but I noticed that when I tried to close my robe it gaped open at the belly and that means it is open from belly on down lol!  I guess you are right about just wearing my pajama's or something else that is comfy.  I have a maternity robe I was saving for the hospital- might be time to break it out early!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"