June 2012 Moms

Hey Working Ladies.... (check-in)

Holy Crap...I'm getting tired.  I teach 3rd grade and the days are getting rougher and rougher.  Plus I tutor twice a week after school which is starting to become more of a hassle than anything.

How is everyone else holding up??? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Hey Working Ladies.... (check-in)

• Getting to work is hard. I like to sleep and seem to get my best sleep *just* before the alarm goes off in the morning.

I'm tired, easily distracted and would much rather work from home if I could. 

For me a big hassle is finding work appropriate clothes. I don't want to spend a bunch of money with only 8weeks left, but I am running out of options as I keep growing. 

There are just soo many other things I would rather do with my time, and when I'm not feeling 100% (which lets face it - rarely ever happens) I just want to go home. It has been hard not to use too much sick time. 

pregnancy pregnancy
  • I'm also exhausted from working! I'm a social worker and do a lot of home visits, so getting in and out of the car has been hard. But I try not to think about it and just get through the day, so I can put these swollen feet up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Eek. I'm a groundskeeper and mornings are ok, but once noon hits, I'm a worthless pile. Not to mention the terrible heartburn I get when weeding... Yuck! And I agree with PP about getting in and out of a car... A fullsized truck is even worse: major suckage. Try doing that 20 times a day. Hang in there ladies! We can do it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm definitely tired every day. I have overslept twice this week, but consider it a blessing because that means I was actually sleeping well. When I finally get home each night, all I want to do is go to bed, but I'm a FT student as well so I always have hours of homework to do, plus make dinner and half-way pick up the house. Ugh.
    June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm so sleepy by the end of the day. I can't hardly stand it.  My pregnancy/sleepy brain is making it difficult to focus.  I constantly find myself making mistakes.  My job requires a hundred passwords.  This week have locked myself from access for everything requiring a password, for the record I haven't locked myself out of anything in about a year!! How am I going to make it through?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I have managed to strech the wardrobe with a few maternity tanks and leggings from Old Navy.  Not the fanciest get ups but at least my gut isn't hanging out and they are relatively cheap.  Also, I should be able to use the tanks afterward for a while...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am also a teacher and I find that for the most part the days are OK except for the fact I have to pee *constantly* (teachers get why this is a problem) and I am pretty cranky.  
  • I'm very much looking forward to my maternity leave, but that can be attributed to the fact that I hate my job. I sit at a desk for my entire shift, so it's not like I'm worn out. I keep telling myself "8 more weeks". 

• imageaniflower21:
    Eek. I'm a groundskeeper and mornings are ok, but once noon hits, I'm a worthless pile. Not to mention the terrible heartburn I get when weeding... Yuck! And I agree with PP about getting in and out of a car... A fullsized truck is even worse: major suckage. Try doing that 20 times a day. Hang in there ladies! We can do it!

I was going to complain that I'm tired but I can't IMAGINE doing this kind of physical labour. Kudos to you Ani! Wow!

I am exhausted and have such a hard time getting up in the morning. I live in a big city and commute... it's all I can do to get on and off the streetcar!

• If I don't kill the boys in my freshman English class it wil be a miracle :).  I'm very tired by the end of the day, but I had been feeling pretty good!   Thank goodness vacation is next week.  
  • imagenotfrancie:
    I am also a teacher and I find that for the most part the days are OK except for the fact I have to pee *constantly* (teachers get why this is a problem) and I am pretty cranky.  

Oh, yes.  We had our "high stakes" testing (FCAT) this week and I was supposed to be emergency back up.  Well a teacher had the flu and I was with the ESE group which had no time limit.  But I couldn't leave the room til the last one was done.   

We are also on the block schedule (83 minute classes) with planning every other day, so my days are long with few breaks.  It's rough on the bladder.

Basically the only thing keeping me going is 5 weeks til summer break and then the next few years at home with my littles:)

• Major props to you working ladies who are out in the field, teaching, etc. Lucky to be working from home 3 days a week; sometimes the idea of going to the office 2 days a week just makes me want to cry.  I slept through the night for the first time in a month last night, and felt like a new person.  Also, for the person who commented on finding work clothes, I definitely went into the office today in yoga pants and Toms shoes.  I have no shame.

Everyone keeps saying, "not long yet," but sometimes 8 weeks feels like an eternity!  Just trying to keep up the positive thoughts and roll with the punches. 

• imageMiracleK:
    I'm also exhausted from working! I'm a social worker and do a lot of home visits, so getting in and out of the car has been hard. But I try not to think about it and just get through the day, so I can put these swollen feet up!

I'm a Social Worker too, I've been noticing that my home visits keep getting a little longer and longer because I don't want to leave and get back in my car. I've been trying to adjust my schedule so it's heavy in the morning when I have more energy and the I can return to the office and do paperwork in the afternoon.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm only 30 weeks & have an office job. I'm already sick of it. Pending any unexpected complications I'll work until I go into labor. I get so sore and so exhausted, Kudos to those who are on their feet all day!
  • I so need maternity leave to get here.  My patience is wearing thin.  I work in the meetings department at my office.  I help to setup the meetings for registration and then help people troubleshoot through registration issues.  We have about 3 meetings going on right now and 12 meetings people can still register for.  It has been a rough couple of weeks.  With my tiredness, I do not need to be on the phone with someone asking me questions that the answer is more than obvious.  

Me: "Yes sir, as it says on the page the book you get with this webinar is the 2nd edition."  

Guy: "Are you sure?  The cover is different from the 1st edition that I have."

Me: *stares at phone* "Well sir, that is because it is the 1st edition and they put a new cover on the 2nd edition."

Lord help me get through these last 6 weeks. 

• I teach 5th grade, and my class is terrific - so that's lucky. I still feel really good, except that this week I've been awake every day from 3-530, then I sleep from 530-630 and get myself ready. I'm good once I'm at school, but I'm so sad at 630 when I have to roll off of the couch. I guess I'll be more prepared for when she's waking me up at all hours....

Good luck to all of you! 

• I'm a dog groomer and it's getting really exhausting. Bathing, blow-drying and grooming dogs is a really active job and I have to be at 100% all the time because I'm caring for other people's animals and I take that really seriously. It's getting really difficult for me to get off the floor after shaving down 100 lb goldens and labs so I'm letting the other groomer, who is new-ish kind of take over that... which is really hard for me because i'm such a control freak about the dogs I groom. I'm finding it really hard to let her step in and help me with dogs I've been doing for 5+ years. 
    I'm REALLY not looking forward to my maternity leave and letting someone else run the shop... granted the owner will be running it while i'm gone (i'm the manager of this shop and she runs the other shop) but I've been running this shop for awhile and some of my regular clients are starting to go into spazz mode over me being gone... which makes me feel good but also makes me worry more!

My goal is to groom until i go into labor but I don't know if that's realistic anymore.

• I'm a case manager at a shelter for battered women. We are moving our shelter to a new location and it's unbearably sucky. I'm so exhausted emotionally and physically at the end of the day that I generally either cry my entire commute home or pray that there's traffic so I can move slowly. It's hard being around highly dysfunctional families and communities while trying to create a healthy, happy family at home. It can get so discouraging! 

I'm just glad that there are lots of working mommas and mommas-to-be to commiserate with. But don't get me wrong, I fully intend on winning the lottery and being a Stay At Home Mom. :-) 

• imagePregNerd:

Getting to work is hard. I like to sleep and seem to get my best sleep *just* before the alarm goes off in the morning.

I'm tired, easily distracted and would much rather work from home if I could. 

For me a big hassle is finding work appropriate clothes. I don't want to spend a bunch of money with only 8weeks left, but I am running out of options as I keep growing. 

There are just soo many other things I would rather do with my time, and when I'm not feeling 100% (which lets face it - rarely ever happens) I just want to go home. It has been hard not to use too much sick time. 

I totally agree with all of these...I'm so freaking tired all the time.  And I have little to no patience for people's mistakes etc. these days.  (not that I don't make plenty of my own, I just don't have the stamina to deal with problems these days)

• I originally told my boss my last day would be may 18th but now I'm moving it up to May 4th...two weeks!!!

I'm exhausted plus there is so much drama and bs at work i don't want to be there anymore. Today my boss set me up so he could throw me under the bus at a staff meeting..again. Thats when i decided yup two weeks, thats it.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagevenussapphire:

I originally told my boss my last day would be may 18th but now I'm moving it up to May 4th...two weeks!!!

I'm exhausted plus there is so much drama and bs at work i don't want to be there anymore. Today my boss set me up so he could throw me under the bus at a staff meeting..again. Thats when i decided yup two weeks, thats it.

Omg I can totally relate to the drama and the boss throwing me under the bus, that is my principal's famous move! Good luck! Drama is never fun! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm kinda of lucky, I am currently an Office Manager (FT) and I also run my own business (PT). They both don't require me to be standing or lifting. So far everything is pretty smooth. I am just a very angry person at my FT job (hormones). Like I want to bite everyone's head off... which is SOOO NOT like me. I think everyone is wishing I would go into early labor.... lol. 

As for the work load... well it can be overwhelming but I'm just trying to pace myself. My assistant will be coming back from Maternity leave in a month, so that will help a lot.  

My 36 week photo image Jared Ryu imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree - props to all you ladies who are doing manual labor or standing all day.  I can't imagine.

I'm actually holding up ok.  As the weather is getting warmer, I'm definitely running out of outfit options.  I have TONS of winter maternity and almost nothing for summer.  So, I see a small shopping trip in my future.  I can't make it through 8 weeks with only 3 short sleeve shirts.

• I work in a warehouse and do a lot of shipping and receiving.  I can't pick up anything more than 5 lbs (or so my boss tells me) but I try to keep it less than 20 lbs.  I got a subordinate that they want me to train to take over while I'm on maternity leave.  He was here about a week before he broke his hand.  Now he is in a cast, and I'm pregnant, and between the two of us, neither can pick anything up.  It's a bit frustrating.  I haven't been doing too badly though.  I start my maternity leave on the 25th of May and I'm definitely excited about it.  It does mean that I'll miss our anual inventory.  Yay!

On a side note, my boss threw me into an "interview" for another job this week.  They said it's a possibility that I might be in that new position after I get back from maternity leave.  I'm excited but not holding my breath.  I'll have enough new changes to deal with.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Thanksfully I sit for most of the day, but it's mostly the exhaustion and uncomfortableness that comes with it. I'm just over it. I'm done being pregnant and want my body back. That being said, I'm trying to be grateful and know that I don't want her that early and hold it together until the end. I'm just so tired I wish FMLA included your 3rd tri as well so you could rest and get things done.

Trying to take it day by day!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have an office job so I am not too bad. The hardest part for me is walking the half mile to and from the train and then the train. People are jerks and if there are no seats I end up standing the whole time.
  • I'm doing alright. However, if the Office Gods (aka Facilities Team) could find me a better chair, I would be so grateful!!  I may try to talk with my boss to see about working from home in May.  The swelling in my legs and feet are so bad, that it sometimes hurts to walk. I have a 2 hour roundtrip commute and it just seems to only make the swelling worse.
    Me: 36  DH: 37
    DD1: 9  DD2: 6
    Due date Aug 3, 2019
  • I'm counting down the days until I get to go on leave and I sit at a desk all day (accounting).  My official first day of leave is May 29th, but due to the Memorial Day holiday and the fact I have the Friday before off, my last day in the office is May 24.  That was exactly 5 weeks from yesterday.  I just hope I make it that long as it's getting so uncomfortable to walk far these days and I'm 17 floors up in our building with a lot of walking to go to the caf or to the parking lot.  I also have a 2yo at home, so my day doesn't end at the office.  I'm exhausted, but still sleep ok inbetween pee breaks for the time being.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • I am doing alright, but definitely getting more uncomfortable. I usually hit a wall around 3pm when I feel like I could really use a nap, but I'm able to muscle through it. I work in the entertainment industry and summer is definitely the busiest time of the year for us (all the TV shows hit DVD then, and we also begin the winter campaigns that can be pretty stressful), so I'm definitely counting down to my last day before I get to go on maternity leave.

I'm craving a slower pace, longing to be nesting, and there is enough on my mind as we prep for baby to arrive. Physically I'm doing alright, but mentally I'm ready for a break from the grind!

But hang in there ladies, we're all nearing the finish line soon!

Sassy but polite. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Exhausted is an understatement!! I don't sleep at night due to either constant bathroom runs, migrains or a 3yr old getting up to go potty. Then my DH has been working 15-18hr days so I have to get up with him anywhere from 3-5am to help get him out of the door. The alarm goes off for me at 6am. Get up, get myself, a 13, 3 & 2 year old dressed, all school stuff together and dropped off at school/daycare. So by 8:15am I'm spent at this point. Then I have to commute to the office for about 45 mins and stay at work til 5:30pm. Then I get to start it all over again on the way home in reverse order but add in band practice, tball and gymnastics. Like I said my DH is working 15-18hr days so, I have to do all this alone for right now. Needless to say that by the time I hit the bed at 11pm or 12pm I can barely function. Maternity leave can't come soon enough. I can really use that extra 8hrs a day to do other things besides work. LOL
    BabyName Ticker image IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel your pain :-( Here I thought I was being a huge sissy because I so exhausted but after reading all of the responses I feel a little better.

I am usually good until about 3 then I hit a wall and all I want to do is sleep. I stopped trying to make dinner and even running errands has become a chore because of how much attention is required to drive lol 

I know that using up time off sucks so I have been trying to push through and if I REALLY have to I just leave work an hour or two early and come home. I know not everybody has that option but I try to remember that it's important to take care of ourselves. It's all worth it in the end but man I do miss that second trimester energy! :-) 

• imagejc0n15:
    I have an office job so I am not too bad. The hardest part for me is walking the half mile to and from the train and then the train. People are jerks and if there are no seats I end up standing the whole time.

People have been nice and given their seat up to me but a few times I have blatantly asked people to give me their seat (usually a young guy). It's f'd up we live in a culture where people are so self involved they couldn't care less about the people around them. I was taught to give my seat to the elderly, handicapped, and pregnant. And now that I'm pregnant I know why lol

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't know how I'm supposed to do two more months of this. I deal blackjack, so 8 hour days on my feet in a smoke filled environment, getting cussed out by drunk people, pressed against a table, until 4 or 5 in the morning, completely exhausted and unable to concentrate in a job where paying a spot with the wrong hand, messing up a calculation by 50 cents or moving the cards 1/8 inch too far is a write up. On top of that I've been so sick I'm almost at a suspension for my attendance and my doctor for whatever reason has decided I shouldn't take intermittent leave. I pretty much want to cry when I think about doing this until baby gets here, and its only going to get harder. 
  • I'm a teacher, too, and I am having a really hard time keeping up with work.  Grading papers for 100 kids is about more than I can handle.  Plus, being on my feet is causing major hip pain and swelling in my feet/ankles/calves.  I have just gotten to the point where I am designating "classroom leaders" who are in charge of handing things out, collecting them, etc.  I try not to get up more than I have to.  I feel guilty about it, but, if I don't do it, I can barely move by Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"