Pre-School and Daycare

How many summer clothes for 3 yo boy?

I hate buying too much, but we go through a lot of clothes in the summer.  The other day, he went through 3 shirts and two shorts in one day.  I will be going a ton of laundry this summer as we have LO #2 due in a few weeks! Here is what I have so far:

18 short-sleeved play shirts

8 sleeves-less play shirts

12 pairs play shorts

2 pairs sneakers

1 pair sandles

2 swim trunks

LOTS of underware (newly potty-trained) and socks

(He also has a few polo shirts/dressy shorts for church)

How much do you buy?

Re: How many summer clothes for 3 yo boy?

• ss+elss+el member
    That sounds about like what we have. Some day I feel like I bought him too much, but then I find there's nothing left clean and I do laundry at least every third day, if not more often. Even though he fits easily in 3T, and would fit in 2T if he weren't so tall, I bought a bunch of his short sleeves in 4T so that he has room to grow and I don't feel like I bought him 5000 shirts just to wear for 4 months.
  • I like to have enough casual outfits for 2-3 weeks, and then a couple of dressier things.  Figure we do laundary weekly, and extras are alwyas good to have for if she gets dirty.  We have 3 bathing suits, and 2 coverups, but DD has water play daily at camp. We actually have only 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of sandals, and 1 pair of water shoes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What you've bought already sounds about like what we have.  We could probably get by on less, but it's nice to not feel like I HAVE to do laundry all the time!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"