April 2011 Moms
Options

1 year old immunizations... ANyone spreading out?

Anyone not getting their 1 year old vaccinations at their 1 yr old appt? Are you spreading out? I am not sure what I am doing as of yet.  I def want the vaccinations, but i will admit I am nervous to get  the MMr and the Chicken Pox which are live viruses and may cause reactions etc.  My LO is home with me... I plan to get them , but possibly later in the year and def spread out . 

Re: 1 year old immunizations... ANyone spreading out?

• Options

I had Nora get hers all at once. We've never had any issues from vaccinations. Oh, and she didn't get MMR and Chicken Pox at the same time. MMR was earlier in the year. Chicken Pox was this time...

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    we follow a delayed schedule (dr. sears)
    TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We saw one of the top pediatric neurologists in the world today and he says there are no added risks to getting vaccinated on the recommended schedule.  In fact it can only help keep her safe and healthy.
  • Options
    We are going to be getting all of her's done at her 1 year appointment.  I don't want to have to keep track of/worry about which ones she hasn't gotten yet.  Plus I don't see the benefit to spacing them out. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Nope - he has gotten all of his immunizations on time and besides being a little cranky that evening he has had no reactions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We aren't delaying/spacing out any vaccines.  No reason to...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't, but if I could do it over again, I would. My girls had a particularly hard time with this round. They both fought fevers off and on for a week or so and were super crabby for several days after. They also had a really hard time walking for a few days as well.

I can't say for sure that it was because of the shots, but if I can make them less miserable, I will.

Let me say that I am very pro-vax and prior to this, I saw no reason to use an adjusted schedule. I don't think I would wait until the 15 month appointment, but just a month or so. MMR would come first and then chicken pox at a later time.

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

We are getting all of our vaccines on time for her protection.

Although, at her 12 month check up they gave us the option of doing her Hib shot now or at her next check up and we chose her next check up.  Not because of reactions but rather to have 4 this time and 3 next time instead of 5 and 2.  

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    I am pro-vax but I believe some kids have sensitive systems and can't process too many at once. Liam has had bad reactions and I'm spacing them out now to give his body as little to deal with at once. I wish I had known about Dr. Sears schedule from the beginning. 
  • Options
    Our pedi does MMR at 12 months and chicken pox at 15 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My pedi said DD could get both the MMR and Varivax at the 1 year visit or split them between 1 and 15mo. We chose to do MMR at 1 year and varivax at 15 months. This is still following the recommended schedule.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We got both at his 1 year visit and had no problems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"