June 2012 Moms
Options

I don't have diabetes after all!

I had my 31 week check up today, and my OB looked at my log book and decided I don't have GD and can stop testing myself!  Yay!  But I am still going to follow the diet b/c I didn't gain an ounce, so the diet is good for me in that way. 

But the OB has scheduled me for a fetal growth scan because baby is measuring big and she guess-timated he would be 8-9 pounds at birth.  Not surprising since my sisters baby all measured big (one was 10 pounds) so I was expecting a big baby.  I'm excited about seeing him again since I haven't seen him since 19 weeks.  I am also a bit nervous b/c I don't want to hear that he is too big, or has something else going on. 

Plus, LO is head down!  Lets hope he stays that way! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I don't have diabetes after all!

• Options

yay! That's really good news! Fingers crossed that things go well at the growth scan.

As for big babies - I hear they are less fussy than small babies and don't tend to get sick as often - which is a good thing. Granted delivery might not be the best, but delivery is only (hopefully) 1 day, a fussy baby... that can go on for weeks/months. 

pregnancy pregnancy
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member

Great news! I'm impressed you are sticking with the diet. The first thing I would have done is gone and bought out the candy aisle at the gas station. :p

Also to the "big babies are less fussy". I laugh at you! Ha. I wish so, so, so, so, so much this were true. My big baby had colic. Yuck. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"