Adoption

Profile book

I've been working hard since January on our book on Mixbook. I went to print them yesterday and found out that Mixbook will only print our book if it is 20+ pages. Unfortunately, our book is 10 pages with the cover and they won't help me in any way. I am beyond frustrated as I really like the backgrounds they provide and it was super easy to navigate.

Can you ladies recommend another good site to design a book that doesn't have a number of page restrictions? I've looked at Kodakgallery and Picaboo but it just isn't as easy and I'm not a fan of the backgrounds they provide.

Thank you in advance for your help!

TTC #1 since January 2008 dx: PCOS, Hyperthyroidism 5 IUI's - ALL BFN IVF & FET - BFN January 2012 - Moving onto Domestic Newborn Adoption May 2012 - Home study approved!! June 21, 2012 - Our little man was born! July 7, 2012 - We got to bring our little one home after a two week NICU visit. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Profile book

• The exact same thing happened to me with mixbook.  I was SO frustrated because I had worked so hard on getting the format just right.  In the end, I was only 8 pages short, so I just found a way to space things out differently. And I did think like instead of one "family" page, I did two.  I just found ways to make it work.  I'm with you though, mixbook has really great layouts/backgrounds and is pretty easy.  I ended up with a book that I really love and it looks great!  But Mixbook should really tell you up front that it has to be 20 pages!
  • Have you looked into Shutterfly.....We could have up to 12 pages, and there were plenty of designs and page backgrounds to choose from. Everything was really easy and we recieved the books back quickly after ordering.   HTH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to know I am not the only one who has felt this frustration. I sent an email to them explaining my frustration but I don't think they really cared.

My only fear is that 20 pages is a lot for birth parents to look at and I don't want them to become overwhelmed.

M DH had the same idea of just adding to it. That may be what I have to do.

TTC #1 since January 2008 dx: PCOS, Hyperthyroidism 5 IUI's - ALL BFN IVF & FET - BFN January 2012 - Moving onto Domestic Newborn Adoption May 2012 - Home study approved!! June 21, 2012 - Our little man was born! July 7, 2012 - We got to bring our little one home after a two week NICU visit. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our agency actually told us to shoot for about 20 pages and most of those pages should be pictures.  I had probably three or four pages that were pictures and captions only.  If you make them big, you can put about three or four on a page and it looks really nice and fills up the pages.  After I had done all that work in Mixbook, I was not about to switch to something different. 
  • I'm using Shutterfly.  We'll easily have 20 pages.  Most of it is pictures with short captions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"