June 2012 Moms

Hard to breathe these days..

Last night was the first night that I noticed that no matter what position I was I felt "gaspy", like I had to really concentrate on breathing deep, regular breaths.  It is just one more thing that is making it hard for me to sleep.  I have also been having rib pain and more frequent heartburn.  I know it is because my uterus has moved up enough to cramp my lungs, but it sucks that I will have to deal with having less oxygen for the next nine weeks! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hard to breathe these days..

• I had to come home this evening instead of going to a work dinner simply because I couldn't breathe.  He's been pushing up on me for weeks and weeks, but it's getting much worse!
  • As I learned on Monday after several hours of tests- heartburn/acid reflux can out pressure on your lungs, making it hard to breathe. Talk to your doctor and possibly up your antacid regime- I went from 75mg of Zantac once a day to 150mg twice a day and noticed a HUGE difference. And I was told that not properly treating heartburn/reflux does more harm than good- long term harm. 
    pregnancy pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like I struggle to breathe because my upper ribs feel like they are bruised. It's so painful by late afternoon and the end of the day. MH's only response is that I had a really easy pregnancy....okay well my ribs still hurt so now what?! I hope you feel better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I found myself having a hard time breathing this morning.  It's happened once before too.  I just try to take deep slow breaths and hold them at the top and the bottom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sam19sam19 member
    I've been having a lot of trouble with this in the evenings too. :( Or when my daughter is siting on my lap and leans back on my stomach. Ugh. I hate that symptom. I always feel like I'm going to start hyperventilating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • I'm having a hard time breathing, too.  I just get out of breath so easily!  I'm also finding not many positions are comfortable anymore.  I can't sit down and lean forward, and leaning too far back is not comfortable.  Lying down...eh.  I'm good on my side for a while, but have to eventually switch to the other side shortly after.  Sitting straight up seems to be the only comfortable position (and even that isn't comfortable! haha)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Ugh: me too...especially near the end of the day.  It feels like she keeps streatching out more & more through the day & there's no room left for my lungs or ribs by 5:00!  
  • Ick! It totally sucks doesn't it? I have been having that problem too. I notice it mostly at night but I have been breathless all day today. 

One of the things that I found that has helped is eating a very small dinner and eating it as early as possible. To me that means having a bigger lunch so I can squeeze in more veggies but it's a good exchange for getting a decent nights sleep. It's not a guarantee that it always works but for the most part it works for me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"