June 2012 Moms

4D Ultrasound worth it?

I was thinking about getting the 4D ultrasound.  There is a place where I live that does them and have nice packages...not too pricey.  If you got them, was it worth it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 4D Ultrasound worth it?

• I've had 3 4D u/s's and have 1 more at 36 weeks, my insurance has been covering it since they are for a low PAPP A protein.  If the insurance hadn't have covered them I probably still have have gotten at least 1....seeing the baby in 4D was awesome!
  • My OB's office gives all of their pregnant patients a complimentary (with pictures, cd and dvd) 4D sonogram.

Had they not, I probably wouldn't have done it. But, we also live in a very small community and to me, it wouldn't be worth it to drive a few hours to the place that does them.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • IMO, I'd rather save my money and put it towards newborn pics or something like that.  If your doc does it, great...if not, I would wait.  Just my opinion though:) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would defiantly do it! It is amazing!!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Honestly, I didn't think it was worth it. I was so excited about it, but ours just didn't turn out that great. We went two times because we didn't really get any good pictures the first time, so they let us come back for free. The second time we didn't get many good pictures either. He had his hands and feet in front of his face for most of the time, his head was so low that we couldn't get a good shot of his face even when it was uncovered, and he was also mashed up against my uterus so it was hard to see him. We went at 28 and 29 weeks to try to go before he got too crowded in there, but no such luck. We couldn't really see him moving smoothly either, it was very jerky and just not what I expected. If your baby is in a better position, it might be worth it, but it wasn't for us :(

• I think it's worth it. Going into this pregnancy, I told myself I wouldn't do it... but then when I was told I wouldn't have an u/s after 20 weeks, I was really impatient and asked for an elective one. I am so glad I did, too!!!!!

I can't get enough of looking at this sweet face:

BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I guess it depends how much it will cost.  Ours cost $160 for one of the most basic packages and I thought that was a bit pricey.  It is great having the pics though.  They are much better than the 3D pics from the doctors office.  The DVD wasn't that great because the tech never stayed in the same place so you really couldn't see movement.  It was basically just a DVD of pictures (if that makes sense).  I say do it if it isn't pricey where you want to go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We had one back at 20 weeks, and it was worth the $170 to do it.  We loved it! :)  We could have gone back now to get one for $99 since we had it done before, but decided we are close enough to the end that we can wait.  I thought it was simply amazing, and we have lots of pictures and a DVD to cherish. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I think its a waste, they all pretty much look the same to me. The real treat is seeing them in person for the first time. I'd rather spend that money on a cute maternity dress or outfits for baby.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • We are going for one on Monday, so I vote yes!
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • imagelmwunderlich:
    I think its a waste, they all pretty much look the same to me. The real treat is seeing them in person for the first time. I'd rather spend that money on a cute maternity dress or outfits for baby.

This is what I would have said.....before my doctor's office gave me a 30 second 4D view and a few 3D pictures.   I have to say it was pretty cool.  Seeing LO reach out and yawn and kind of wave was really neat.  I'm still not sure I'd pay $150 for it...but if you have the extra money, it is pretty cool

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My 3D ultrasound scared me so I wouldn't spend money on a 4D one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"