Single Parents
Options

21 weeks and leaving husband...please help

Hi,

I'm not sure who to turn to. i just found out my husband of less than a year (the 23rd would be our 1 year ann) has been cheating on me the entire marriage and before we were married. i just found out and have packed up everything out of our apartment. the worst part is that everyone knew about this relationship including his family, but me. i was the joke. even worse he was trying to have a baby with her.  i'm hurt and betrayed beyond words. i'm looking for advice for moving on, because i feel so lost right now. i'm not sure i'm ready to be a single parent, but i want my daughter growing up happy and not having us together but miserable. thanks for listening.

Re: 21 weeks and leaving husband...please help

• Options
    Even though your the only one who can decide what to do in this situation I just wanted to tell you I think you are doing the right thing.  You should not have to put up with someone cheating on you.  If you can not rely on him to be there for you now, how is he going to be there for you and a child?   If this is your first chlild your fear un being a single parent are reasonable.  We all wonder what are capabilities are when he are put into an unknown situation.    I feel it is better for you to be happy rahter than married and miserable. I am a single mother to a four year old litle boy and a girl coming this May. I had to decide on the life that would be easier but personally heartbreaking, or a happier life for my children and myself.  Good luck.  
  • Options
    Yes this is my first child, first marriage first time being alone as a mother. i'm terrified, but he already made his decision and i've got to stand up for myself. i deserve way better than him. i'm just going to need a lot of support. thanks for your kind words and encouragement.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear this.  Sounds like he was falsifying everything from the start.  I'll never understand why men who want to cheat get married and worse, decide to procreate.

Hang around here, get support from family and friends, and focus on LO.  You'll be ok. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Stay strong not only for yourself but your DD! It will be a tough road, but you will be fine! Sorry you are going thru this...we are here to support you!
    TTC#2 with my hero, my inspiration, my United States Marine! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"