June 2012 Moms

growth u/s

All my pg and mama friends had a "growth" ultrasound (?) sometime in the weeks leading up to L&D. They said the OBs look for position, head circumference, and amount of amniotic fluid.

Do you ladies know about this? Is there a set week # that it is always done?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: growth u/s

• I had mine at 32 weeks.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Never had that with DS. I only had 2 ultrasounds. One at 6 weeks to date the pregnancy and the big one at 20 weeks. That was it.

I have several ultrasounds scheduled with this pregnancy but that's only because I have GD and deemed high risk.

I

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think that everyone gets it, and depending on the practice it could also be reserved for those who are high risk or have some sort of condition. I'm giving birth at a BC, and my MWs don't schedule any ultrasounds after the dating scan unless there's something wrong or they can't tell the baby's positioning. I do kind of wish that they did because I haven't seen LO in 15 weeks and am so curious, but I guess I'll just have to wait 8ish more...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • it is not standard.  Some OB's do them but most do not.  Also, most insurance companies do not pay for them unless there is medical need.

This is baby 3 and I did not have an u/s after week 20 for baby 1 and 2.  I did have an u/s at week 32 with this one because he was not head down and she wanted to check and see if there was a reason why.

OBs can tell position by feeling your uterus and measurements in 3rd tri can vary greatly.

• I had one yesterday at 32w3d due to my gestational diabetes and will have another in a month at 36w.  Normally, my OB does them at 34 weeks only.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Mine does it at 38 weeks. They check: baby's size, baby's position, AF levels, and the placenta (to make sure it's not deteriorating yet)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am having one within the next week or so because of chronic hypertension. My OB only requests one if its necessary. If everything is progressing normally and there are no issues, I wouldn't get one.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • I have one scheduled at 31 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I only get one if I go past my due date, to see if/when they should induce. 

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • It's not standard, especially if the OB doesn't have the equipment in their office.  I had one at 40/41 weeks with DD, since I was measuring large and showed no signs of impending labor.  It was mostly to check fluid level.  I also had a NST the same day.

With this LO, I will probably not have one.  I selected a midwife, with a less medical approach to birth. 

• I have one scheduled for tomorrow, this is due to chronic hypertension and to check the LOs position. I had an ultrasound about 3 weeks ago & he was breech & at my appointment yesterday she was pretty sure she could feel his head under my left rib.  I think it all really depends on you Dr.  With my 3 DDs I had one a couple weeks before my due date to check on them, placenta, position, etc.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My Dr. had no intentions of doing any ultrasounds past 20 weeks.  She is only having me do an extra one to check position because in my 3d just for fun ultrasound, she was breech.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm having one at 34 weeks.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have to have them every month, but I think normally they do them around 32 weeks or so.
  • I had an ultrasound which assessed growth at 26 weeks, but this ultrasound was to check my placenta which was low-lying.  I would not have had this ultrasound if it had not been for the placenta issue and I guess they just did a growth check while they already doing an ultrasound.  I got the impression from my OB that unless there are issues, you don't get one beyond the 20 week ultrasound.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"