Maryland Babies

Eco-friendly shops in Baltimore area

Anyone have any favorite places to shop around here. I'm going to check out My Organic Market today. It's in the Jessup/Columbis area. They have cloth diapers i'm interested in. I'm also looking for organic baby food. I do my grocery shopping at Trader Joes (i like it beacause you can buy organic for a reasonable price) in Columbia, but dont think they carry babyfood so i'll swing by MOM while i'm out there.

Re: Eco-friendly shops in Baltimore area

• Personally, I found that Earths Best had the best price and at Target.  I noticed the other day that the price dropped back down to 64 cents for stage two foods (and I like that it is in glass jars and I don't worry about what is in the plastic!).  I also shop at Trader Joes and there were times that I would just buy the food and make their baby food.  That was the cheapest way to go.  MOM is a little pricey compared to TJ.  They have a great selection as far as produce though!  I think I looked at baby food there the other month and it was more than Target.  Not sure if you are into Paraben free soap but I get twins Burts Bee at Target again lowest I have found.  At MOM I found their price a little higher for bath products.  Another good place to shop for organic is Giant.  I live in the Catonsville area and the prices are cheaper in Catonsville than lets say Columbia or Ellicott City.  My twins are 16 months so they eat a lot of regular stuff but I am telling you the organic brand they sell is good and CHEAP!  Another thought is Costco.  They have a lot of organic stuff and the prices are good! 
  • I like MOM's, but I go there more for allergy reasons than organic. There is also Roots Market in Clarksville and Davids in Columbia and Gambrills. I also go to Whole Foods, if you stay away from the prepared stuff, the prices aren't too bad.

If you like MOMs, personally I find the Frederick store to be the nicest, it's huge, much bigger than the Jessup one. And Frederick also has the Co-op, which has the best selection of organic meats I have seen

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you come on a Sunday to Baltimore, I recommend checking out the huge farmer's market.  It's so cool and they have several organic farmers that come and set up. 

https://www.promotionandarts.com/index.cfm?page=events&id=3

I also suggest looking into or considering making your own baby food- I swear it is so easy (easier then I thought anyway!). 

There is also Blue House...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"