Attachment Parenting
Options

Hilarious Toddler BF story

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and our breastfeeding has greatly decreased at this point (kinda a relief. OW!). We're down to once a day, in the morning. Some days, DS only nurses on one side. Some days he forgets to ask and I don't offer. It is all very laid back and I as DS just turned 2 (my "at least" goal for BF), I'm fine with how it is going.

This morning he literally latched on to one side for 5 minutes and was done. 

Just now, he asked for "nana." I tend to distract him if it is the middle of the day as my nipples are SORE from pregnancy, and once is really all I can handle well. Today since he hardly even tried this morning, I said sure. 

Well, today was special. I pulled up my shirt and he started giggling (a new thing, but not unusual lately) as he looked at my boobs.  Then he leaned down like he was going to nurse, then pulled back and laughed. He did this several times. Then he moved onto putting his mouth ON my nipple, but not latching, then moving back and laughing hysterically. I'm laughing along with him, because he is clearly having a blast and I wish I understood the joke.

Then finally he no joke said, "Reeaaaddddyyy?" and actually latched on. Just for a few seconds, then back to hysterical laughter. 

How hilarious is that? Has anyone else had a story like this, where their LO things booby-time is the funniest thing ever?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hilarious Toddler BF story

• Options

That's really cute!

DS just discovered my nipples this week. (Obviously, he knew they were there since he's still nursing). Anyway, he grabs (gently) them and rolls them around in his hands, just playing with them. He's been giggling/smiling while he does this. Not sure what's so funny, but it's fun to laugh together and it's pretty cool that no one else can share that with him. 

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMarsee:

That's really cute!

DS just discovered my nipples this week. (Obviously, he knew they were there since he's still nursing). Anyway, he grabs (gently) them and rolls them around in his hands, just playing with them. He's been giggling/smiling while he does this. Not sure what's so funny, but it's fun to laugh together and it's pretty cool that no one else can share that with him. 

DS does this too, especially when he's nursing from the opposite side. Though now that I'm PG again even his gentle tugs are starting to irritate. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has started admiring my boobs after he's done nursing now. He just sits there and stares and giggles. It is pretty adorable.
  • Options
    My DS likes to use them as squirt guns. He'll suck a few times, then grab the nipple he's nursing on so that he sprays himself in the face. Laugh hysterically and repeat!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When my nipples were especially sore during this pregnancy, I really worked with DD to make sure she had a good latch.  I would remind her to open her mouth really wide and stick her tongue out, then would tell her "Good latch!" when she was latched.  After she was in the habit of latching well, I got out of the habit of complimenting her.  Oops!  One day, she latched on, I didn't comment, so she unlatched and said to me, "Say 'good latch,' Mama!"  Then, she re-latched, so I could respond appropriately...

• Options

Oh these stories are cracking me up, and making me feel totally normal. 

For the last few days my LO will grab my boob and look at it, then sniff it and say "pee-yew!" before she latches. I'm not sure where she got that from, but it makes me laugh. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    These stories are great, but I must say the squirt guns one is my favorite so far. Hilarious!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We havent't nursed for about 5 months now, but DS has become obsessed with my boobs again! He stares at them when I get dressed and now wants to kiss them goodbye in the morning when he goes to daycare. The other day he said, "Your boobies are so cute, a monster is going to come and steal them."

Not sure how he's going to react when the new baby comes.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    These stories are too funny (and cute!).  The only silly thing DS likes to do is blow big raspberries on my breasts when we are done breastfeeding.  We both end up laughing at his antics :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageILoveRunning:
    These stories are too funny (and cute!).  The only silly thing DS likes to do is blow big raspberries on my breasts when we are done breastfeeding.  We both end up laughing at his antics :)

DD does this too! And she's started counting my boobs - she says "one, two - two nummies!" And she also announces their presence (you know, in case I forgot they were there) - "Look Mommy! One, Two, TWO NUMMIES RIGHT THERE!!". Oh, and in the morning, she nurses, then says "yummy nummies, Mommy, soooo good!".

She's never going to wean :)

**POOF**
    No more baby siggie pics. Boo.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

My baby girl is 19 months now, and she stopped breastfeeding at about 13 months. But every once in awhile she likes to lay her head on my breast and just lay there and cuddle them:) I think she still remembers the connection we had when breastfeeding, and they still comfort her. It actually makes me wonder though when I have my next baby how she will react to that baby breastfeeding. I have a feeling it might make her curious to try it again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"