June 2012 Moms
Options

Blood clot. I put it in the 3rd tri board...but nothing :( really need some encouragement.

Okay so yesterday I felt like crap. Really tired...no appetite stuff like that. Later after work around 7pm I got really hot and COULD NOT breathe. I saw spots. It felt like weight was on my chest. and when I tried to take a deep breath all I could feel was pain. I didnt want to freak out the inlaws so I told my husband I really needed to go home. He saw my face and said okay. I could not even walk to the car and he rushed me to the ER.

When we got there they wheeled me in  the back and took everything off. hooked me up to machines and my resting heart rate was 131 up and down but never below 120. They did blood work and the results came back positive for a blood clot. They said they were limited on what they can do and began an ultrasound on my legs. didnt find anything. They also did a CT scan and didnt find anyting. They kept a close watch on me the rest of the night.

The worse part was when they couldnt find the baby's heartbeat! She kicked the doppler and then we heard it. so relieved. That 10 minutes of searching for that heartbeat felt like forever!

My chest is stil heavy whether I sit or lay down. I have to go see my OB but has anyone gone through this? why do I feel this way? Should I worrry that there might still be a possibility of blood clot. I was there all night into the morning. I have not slept but my boss would not let me call out because we are short staffed. I am exausted. I have not had any sleep in three days.

Really need some nice words.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blood clot. I put it in the 3rd tri board...but nothing :( really need some encouragement.

• Options
    SORRY WRONG BOARD. I meant july :(
  • Options
    This is really scary.  First of all, sounds like you need rest...boss can deal with short staff...a blood clot can be serious and life threatening.  One of my bfs had a blood clot somewhere in 20 weeks with her son and ended up in ICU...it was tough.  Please take care of yourself and if you continue to have issues with breathing, etc. go back to the hospital.  I'm surprised they didn't keep you.
    Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry I have no insight for you. I've never heard of anyone with this before :(

But I wish you all the best. Very scary time for you I'm sure.

As for your Boss... S/He needs to be punched in the throat. Being short-staffed is not an employee's problem. How dumb can you be running a company that you know if short staffed and having one of them being pregnant. Tell them they should have planned more accordingly. Because trust me, nothing is worth the risk of you or your LO's health. Sorry for the rant - I hate hearing stories about incompetent managers.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagextina05:

Sorry I have no insight for you. I've never heard of anyone with this before :(

But I wish you all the best. Very scary time for you I'm sure.

As for your Boss... S/He needs to be punched in the throat. Being short-staffed is not an employee's problem. How dumb can you be running a company that you know if short staffed and having one of them being pregnant. Tell them they should have planned more accordingly. Because trust me, nothing is worth the risk of you or your LO's health. Sorry for the rant - I hate hearing stories about incompetent managers.

The worse part of it all is that I called out that daybecause I started to feel ill, but she called me back and said no. Basically I could lose my job. This was before I went to th ER. Now I feel like I pushed myslf or I caused this from not resting enough and I havent had an appetite this week either...which the doc is not concerned about. I admit I am young this is my first time around, but everytime I ask a question the doc response shouldnt be "oh your young you will be fine" I mean everyone says it.

• Options

imageJemLeu:

I admit I am young this is my first time around, but everytime I ask a question the doc response shouldnt be "oh your young you will be fine" I mean everyone says it.

I'm not a doctor, but this seems all wrong to me.  If they think you had a blood clot, you should be treated with respect and appropriate care.

Like PP, an acquintance just spent over a week in the hospital for a blood clot and a full month at home off of work.  She will now be going through a full year of medication and recovery.   And she's not even pregnant.

• Options
    akayfakayf member

Clicked on the wrong board but felt I needed to respond after seeing this post.

If you have a blood clot, you need to be on blood thinners!   I developed multiple blood clots post partum.   Several in my left arm due to a PICC line(I had major complications after an emergency c-section and needed multiple blood tranfusions.   I was in CCU for a week and they put a PICC line in instead of me having a regular IV)   Then since I was bedridden, I developed one in my leg too.  They started me on Lovenox shots. 

You might want to see a hemotolgist(not sure I spelled that right)...a dr who specializes in blood disorders.

I can't believe the hospital just let you go!   Did they do an vein study using an U/S on both legs?  

• Options
    Smart girl for being so tuned in to your body. Others may have ignored the symptoms. So sorry you are not feeling well. I would NOT go to work though. Please stay home and rest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a pulmonary embolism while on birth control pills and was tested for Factor V Leiden among other disorders.  They found that I did in fact have Factor V and that the increased hormones caused my blood clot.  I'm on thinners during this pregnancy to keep clots from developing.  Blood clots in pregnancy are not uncommon due to the increase in hormones.  I hope that your doctor at least tested you for the different clotting disorders to see if you have them.  Even if you didn't present with a clot in your tests, if you have a clotting disorder, you should be on some type of blood thinner.  Many only have to be on baby asprin, but people with previous clots are often on lovenox and or heparin.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options

Honey, June or July we mommas gotta stick together.  This sounds similar to what happened with my SIL when she had her blood clots.  She was not pregnant though.  They found her clots in her lungs.  They were able to assist her after some time with figuring everything out.  I am quite sure once they put their thinking caps on, they will be able to figure out the best solution for you and LO.  

I will be saying some prayers for you in the meantime.  Don't fret and stress, just try to relax when you can and don't let any symptoms go with a shrug.  Keep a notepad if you have to.

Much love 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"