Houston Babies

BFing mommies...weaning question (TMI question)

Ok, so this is super duper personal, but I'm wondering if you experienced cracking (dry skin) of your nipples while weaning.  We're down to two nursings a day and it they're so, so sore.  I don't recall my nipples cracking when we started BFing. 

Just curious if someone else experienced this and what they did to remedy it. 

Thanks!

Re: BFing mommies...weaning question (TMI question)

• I haven't weaned yet so I'm not sure about that, but could it be that the cooler/drier air? Maybe lanolin cream would help?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sorry, i didn't experience that.. just engorgement, but even that was not but for a couple of days, which surprised me.

i would suggest lanolin as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Have you checked kellymom?  I didn't experience that either.
  • imagejeneric04:
    Have you checked kellymom?  I didn't experience that either.

Yes, I did a quick search for weaning/cracked nipples.  I'll try my Lansinoh again.  

• Hope you feel better soon!
  • wow, no I didn't experience that either.  But that sounds awful!  I'm so sorry.  blech, file that under "things no one told me about..."

Maybe also try to rub a bit of the breastmilk itself there a couple times a day?  That might seem weird, but it has nice healing properties and would keep it a bit hydrated.  And you wouldn't have to express a bunch, so it wouldn't interfere too much with the weaning process.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had horribly horribly cracked nipples - which is one of the reasons I stopped.  It lasted the entire 6 wks until I quit.  I just kept lathering on the lanolin but they didn't really get better until I totally stopped. 
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"