Preemies
Options

rock n play sleeper anyone?

Does anyone own a rock n play sleeper?  If so, do you like it.  I heard they are awesome for acid reflux and so i'm really considering ordering one.  A couple of my friends swear by it.  Their kids sleep in it all night.  I am worried about transitioning to a crib if my son sleeps in this all night, but I do anything to be able to get him to sleep comfortably for now.  I can deal with the transitioning issues later lol
+hpt on December 27th, 2010--miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks--angel taken too soon but never forgotten Clomid started June 2011-- +hpt July 2, 2011--grow baby grow :) Chance Bryant born @ 31 weeks due to abruption Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: rock n play sleeper anyone?

• Options
    I use it for my son who is so restless sleeping on his back. When he wakes up in the middle of the night I put him in it and he sleeps until morning.  I also plan on using it when we go away for my step son's hockey tournaments.  It is also great for naps.  I have heard it helps with reflux but fortunately I have not needed it for that!  As far as transitioning, he may be ok.  When I do put my son in the bassinet to start the night, he will sleep for a few hours.  Maybe try putting him on his back to sleep when it is not right after a feeding to get him used to being flat as well.  Good luck!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We used RnPs for the first 6 weeks at home.  I like them but we had to transition to cribs when we started really noticing flat spots on their heads.  The crib transition was easy but my boys ended up needed helmets for 6 weels to reshape their heads from the flatness.  The PT said that keeping baby on an incline in things like RnPs, swings, bouncers, etc. is actually worse than laying flat in a crib and they are seeing more and more flat heads because of this.  Just use with caution!  I'd suggest a boppy noggin nest for his head while he's in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS was in his for daytime naps and some play time. He never slept over night in it more than maybe three nights. I loved mine for day time naps. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used the RnPs for the first two months and the boys slept great in them.  It was nice to have them in our room in the beginning and it was great for their reflux.  We transitioned into their cribs about a month ago (give or take) and it took two separate tries.  On the second try they adjusted after a few days.  We still use the RnPs for daytime naps/hanging out.  Love them!
  • Options

We plan to use it for this little guy when he arrives.

I can say from experience with #1 you should never worry about breaking a habit for a little baby until a certain point. My son loved sleeping snuggled up on our chest or in a car seat. They just like that feeling of security. So this RNP makes perfect sense to me althought we didn't have it for #1. He spent his first couple months in his carseat lol. Anyways at a certain point around 2 months he really wanted to stretch out and didn't want to be in the little spaces anymore. I think it is a natural process. He then transitioned effortlessy to the crib.

My philosophy is to do what works in those first couple months and not worry about a habit being formed.

• Options
    We have one and just transitioned out of it this week. It was easier than I thought! The r&p is great! When LO came home she was in her crib, two weeks later she stopped breathing due to reflux so we got the r&p for two reasons- the incline and the fact that I could watch her from my bed. The negatives-LO started to get a flat spot/torticollis because the r&p doesn't really allow LOs to move around. I started to think that she needed to roll/move around. We used it for 4 months and I will keep it to use with LO number 2. Just make sure LO gets plenty of time off their backs during the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We loooove our R&P. We got it at about 3 months old, because she hated her bassinet, and used it at night until she was about 7 months old, including taking it with us on vacation. We still use it on occasion if baby is too congested to sleep flat comfortably. The transition to the crib wasn't too bad, we just did it gradually over about a week.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Life saver for us. We did swaddle her in it and tried to position her head every night. We did use the kiddopotumus snuggler in it though
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersPhotobucket Keep up with Scarlette at http://kaylaaimee.com
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone!  I ordered the new deluxe version bc it is suppost to be softer and have more head support so we will see.  I will definitely buy another head support if the one provided is not good enough.  I am hoping that this helps bc he grunts all night and doesn't sleep soundly.  Can't wait to try it out!!
    +hpt on December 27th, 2010--miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks--angel taken too soon but never forgotten Clomid started June 2011-- +hpt July 2, 2011--grow baby grow :) Chance Bryant born @ 31 weeks due to abruption Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs. Alice:
    We used RnPs for the first 6 weeks at home.  I like them but we had to transition to cribs when we started really noticing flat spots on their heads.  The crib transition was easy but my boys ended up needed helmets for 6 weels to reshape their heads from the flatness.  The PT said that keeping baby on an incline in things like RnPs, swings, bouncers, etc. is actually worse than laying flat in a crib and they are seeing more and more flat heads because of this.  Just use with caution!  I'd suggest a boppy noggin nest for his head while he's in there.
    I agree with the flat spots. Zoe is currently in a helmet. But we love the RnP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"