Attachment Parenting
Options

Another Bedsharing Post (sorry!! )

I saw below that someone asked about bed sharing safely, and I didn't want to take over that post. My question is, can I sleep with a light blanket in bed next to my DD? Or possibly put her on top of the thin blanket and crawl in next to her (under the blanket)? I am one of those people that cannot sleep without a blanket. I don't know what it is but I have to have it. My issue is the same as PP, DD goes down fine initially at night but lately has been waking and wanting to sleep on or next to me for the rest of the night. She was up 5 times last night  (half of which she just wanted to be cuddled). I read that this can stem from moms going back to work and babies wanting to "make up for lost time?" Anyone else experience this? I am not a CIO mom, and I feel like my DD is not waking for things that she doesn't need. She is almost 5m and I feel like if she needs extra cuddles and bonding, I want her to have that. And advice or tips you have would be wonderful. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another Bedsharing Post (sorry!! )

• Options

We've almost exclusively bedshared since DD was a newborn and I have always used at least one blanket. At this point I don't even really think twice about it since she's older, but when she was younger I would put her higher than me on the bed (i.e., her waist or so was level with my head laying side by side...hope that makes sense) and then the blanket would only be as high as her waist. I always felt like I had a really good sense of where she was and if she moved around I would just adjust her. 

I actually think DD sleeps better with a blanket...I think the weight of it on her is soothing.  

image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am a blanket person too. I used a blanket, but not my fluffy down comforter, and used it up to my waist. So it was near LO's feet, but not much higher. It was generally under her feet, but sometimes got scrunched up down there. As she got older and able to roll around, crawl and had much more control over her body I became less worried. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the bed covers on me up to my waist and sometimes cover up DS to his lower hips. I have to have something on me, so I actually use one of DS' receiving blankets on my upper half. It's small, so it covers just me and I don't have to worry about him getting under it.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"