June 2012 Moms
Options

No you did not just say that...

So a co-worker just came up to me and said, "Don't go having that baby in the office.  Shouldn't you be gone already?  Just use your PTO so we don't have to worry about you."  WTF!  Dude seriously?!!!!  I swear I hope I go into labor on a day when he needs me to setup a conference room for his meeting and my water breaks right in the room.  HANDLE THAT YOU PRICK!

Re: No you did not just say that...

• Options
    Oh wow. My hubby has a new saying lately that he uses for people like that. Diarrhea of the mouth means they have sh!t for brains.
  • Options
    That drives me crazy!! Here we are trying to be good mothers and save our time to actually spend it with our new babies and they are worried about themselves. I would have said well I would be more than happy to go home so I don't inconvience you but I still need to be paid and won't be using my PTO until the baby is born. If you can make that work I'm out of here, if not there is a possiblity that I will go into Labor at work...Sorry!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow. I had co-workers say they hope I don't have the baby at work. Which is understandable to me. But the rest was just really rude!

Maybe you should tell him he shouldn't stand to close. He may get splashed when your water breaks.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
     People are soo rude! I had a co worker ask me Monday exactly when was my baby going to be here? She said she needed a better more exact date because she needs a root canal before then? REALLY!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

imagejparrish1:
     People are soo rude! I had a co worker ask me Monday exactly when was my baby going to be here? She said she needed a better more exact date because she needs a root canal before then? REALLY!

WTF?!  *rubs temples* inconsiderate bastards! This is a guessing game.  baby could come at any time.  I just had someone to say they hope I got late like I did with DS because they have a few meetings coming up that they will need my help with.  Well hire a temp like I have been asking you and you will be fine! Grrrrrr

• Options
    What an idiot!  My regional said something similar in email yesterday...."Promise me you won't go into labor while I'm making my visit"...mind you he's coming when I'm 38 weeks.  I responded with "Unfortunately I don't have any control over that...Man Up!"...that went over well ;o)
    Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• Options
    haha! You tell them! I love how people want pregnant people to go out before the baby comes regardless of how healthy a pregnancy you are having. Sorry but I am not "wasting" my time off before the baby comes if I don't need to, and you being afraid I will go into labor at work, just isn't going to change that. If they want to let me have off and pay me without me having to use any time, then heck yes, see ya! But until then, its your time, you take it how you want to
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My coworkers are making bets how far into labor I'll still be working.....but I know that if I seriously did go into labor at work they would be shoving me out of the door and driving me themselves to the hospital. But thankfully I work with a lot of mothers and they understand working until I absolutely can not.
  • Options

imageLoveyFNR:
    Oh wow. My hubby has a new saying lately that he uses for people like that. Diarrhea of the mouth means they have sh!t for brains.

LOL! I love this!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"