High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

PAI-1 4G/5G polymorphism // genetic counseling

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has been told that they have the PAI-1 4G/5G mutation? I was recently told this at my last visit with my midwife and I'm unsure what to expect. I've seen that most people are put on baby aspirin or other medications for blood clotting, but was wondering if anyone else has gone through this before? We were lucky that this was found early before I had any pg losses - it showed up on an extra blood test that they did due to my low iron. I'm 25 years old, relatively healthy, and this is my first pregnancy. I'm a little over 10 weeks and I am scheduled to see a genetic counselor next week. My fiance and I are nervous, but thankful that this was caught pretty early.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PAI-1 4G/5G polymorphism // genetic counseling

• Options
    I have the PAI-1 4g/4g polymorphism as well as hetero MTHFR c677t.  The PAI-1 has my MFM advising me to take a baby aspirin daily for the rest of my life.  The combination of the two and having had three miscarriages means that I take Lovenox (blood thinner) injections while pregnant. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for responding! I've heard about those injections, but I guess I'll have to see what they say at the appointment next week. Good luck with everything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"