Military Families

Induction due to SRP's

I am so lucky to have an understanding Dr. DH is leaving a week after the babies due date to go away for a few weeks. He has SRP's to do out of town, and I want him there for our little one's birth. My Dr. said that it is up to me he will induce anytime after 37 weeks. But I read so many things that the longer she is in there the better. 

I don't want to be selfish - but I do want DH to spend some time with us before he leaves! So what would you do?? Wait till 40weeks and he only gets a few days with us, or ask to go a little bit early so that he has more time??

Thanks ladies!  

Ali Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Induction due to SRP's

• I am really surprised by your doctor.  Mine (all like 8 of them in the practice) refuse to induce me at 37 weeks and DH is leaving for deployment for 8 months. Your DH will only be gone a few weeks, I would keep her in there until the due date.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NSLNSL member

Your doctor is a nitwit.

Having been the mother of a NICU baby (born at over 40 weeks, mind you.  Goodness knows how long he would have spent in there if he'd been early) WAIT.  My H wasn't there for his delivery either, and while it wasn't ideal, we lived with it.  Most babies born after 37 weeks are perfectly fine, but plenty aren't.  Your baby's health needs to be your priority, not your vision of an ideal birth.  

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with all PP's.  You're baby's health is more important than you're DH making it to the birth.  Yes it's sad if he misses it but keeping your baby in there baking is much more important. 

Also if I had a Doc that agreed to induce me at 37 weeks for "schedule convince", I'd be finding another doc quick.

• 37 weeks? I can get behind anything after 39 weeks. 37 weeks,however, is inappropriate and bordering negligence without a medical cause. 

My SIL's doctor liked to induce his patients early too for his convenience. She has never gone past 37 weeks because she's selfish and stupid to be perfectly honest. He induced her and another women,both around 37 weeks. My nephew was fine. The other baby had severe complications because he just wasn't ready yet. 

Do not induce that early. It's dangerous if you are doing it for no other reason but convenience. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageNSL:

Your doctor is a nitwit.

Having been the mother of a NICU baby (born at over 40 weeks, mind you.  Goodness knows how long he would have spent in there if he'd been early) WAIT.  My H wasn't there for his delivery either, and while it wasn't ideal, we lived with it.  Most babies born after 37 weeks are perfectly fine, but plenty aren't.  Your baby's health needs to be your priority, not your vision of an ideal birth.  

This.  Although I'd use a stronger word than nitwit.  I'll never understand how a mother could force a baby out of the womb unnecessarily (obviously not talking about for medical reasons for either mother or baby) for sheer convenience regardless of the estimated due date. 
  • I am all for inductions when medically needed. Anything before 40 weeks due to your own wants is very selfish. This won't' be the first or the last time you have to brave something alone without your DH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's crazy! I don't get worked up over elective inductions, I wanted one myself at 40 weeks. But 37?? hell no. Not even 38 or 39. That is pretty irresponsible of your physician. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"