Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Do you ever feel like...

nothing good will ever happen to you again?  I feel like since I was diagnosed with pre-e nothing good has happened to us.  Of course compared to losing baby Gary everything else seems trivial, but in the last five months I was diagnosed with pre-e, we lost baby Gary, I had a minor infection, I got kidney stones that landed me back in the hospital, we got a puppy only to have him put down 2 days later, the closing on our new house has been postponed 3 times, we've lost several formerly good friends, and today we went to pick up a new puppy only to find out he had already been adopted out.  Like I said, losing our baby is BY FAR the worst thing that has EVER happened to us and everything else is comparatively unimportant.  But I just want to know when good things start happening for us again.  We're good people.  We do good things.  Maybe I'm just in a funk today, but don't we deserve a little happiness, too?  Sorry if I come across as being whiny.  I'm a grump today any DH is sick of hearing about it. 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Do you ever feel like...

• Options

It does seem that when it rains it pours.  Sorry to hear you're in a funk.  They can be so hard to shake.  I remember a while ago thinking that I couldn't win for losing.  Everything seemed to be working against me.  

You do deserve happiness and it will come. Don't forget to look above or beyond the clouds to see the sun and rainbows.   

BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • Options

Sorry you have to go through all this.  The saying is true.... When it rains, it pours! 

We have been dealing with similar things right now and nothing is going right.  I hope things start to turn around for you soon. 

((hugs))

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It does seem like that sometimes. For me, it started two weeks before we lost Patricia. I was really upset about being diagnosed with gestational diabetes, then my grandma got sick and had to go into a nursing home, then our air conditioner went out. The week we lost her, my husband had to get a root canal and our credit card information got stolen. It was like REALLY UNIVERSE?!?!

My husband keeps meaning to buy lottery tickets because he says surely we deserve to win.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    imagejbranden12:

My husband keeps meaning to buy lottery tickets because he says surely we deserve to win.

Ha ha!  When the PowerBall in our area was way up we did buy a ticket... and we actually did hit the powerball!  Unfortunately the other four numbers were all wrong.  Too bad, huh?

• Options
    imagelrichmond86:
    imagejbranden12:

Ha ha!  When the PowerBall in our area was way up we did buy a ticket... and we actually did hit the powerball!  Unfortunately the other four numbers were all wrong.  Too bad, huh?

We joked about buying lotto tix too. With all our bad stuff going on we def deserve a little bit of sunshine.  Sorry all the bad stuff keeps going. Big hugs. 

IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like my life the last couple months.  When it rain it pours is an understatement sometimes.  I think we are in a hurricane. LOL.  Sounds like you are in a hurricane too.  Hope you see the rainbow soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I completely agree! Lately it seems my DH and I have had everything go wrong that could possibly go wrong. Just like you said, nothing will compare to losing our babies, but I keep saying to myself, "when will life just let up and be nice?" I hope you days start to get better:)
  • Options
    While I feel better knowing I'm not alone in my feelings, it makes me sad that so many of us are having such a string of bad luck.  You all are some of the kindest, most compassionate people I know!  Good things should happen to good people, am I right?!

• Options
    baby loss, family problems, health issues, trouble ttc, financial problems, I know the feeling. Lots of ((hugs)) to you, you're not alone.
    My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.
  • Options
    Yes!! I totally felt like this. Ours started less than 2 weeks before we lost the baby. First the cat died. Then the baby. Then my uncle. Then we discovered a leak through the front wall of the house that caused mold in the wall. Then a big chunk of the front wall fell off. Then the washer overflowed and flooded the garage- twice. Had a brief break before someone stole our debit card info... twice. Then a rock from a gravel truck cracked my windshield. Then my husband drove over a huge nail flattening one of his new tires that was less than a week old.

I agree, none of this stuff compares to the baby's death. But it just feels like a non-stop sh*tstorm.

Don't get me wrong- there have been some good moments. But the good things are little and you have to look hard for them sometimes. For me this is the part where I really, REALLY come to appreciate the little things in life because I otherwise feel like I am constantly dodging the flying feces from all directions.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sending you lots and lots of (((HUGS))).
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"